GD, fonts and Danish characters
Author Message
 GD, fonts and Danish characters

Doesn't GD support special language characters, like in my case the
Danish characters ?, ? and ? (?, ? and ?)? When I try it, GD produces a
completely different character. I've tried the Posix module and
set_locale, but it's no help.

So, is GD's fonts crippled to English only?

Fri, 26 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 GD, fonts and Danish characters

Quote:

> Doesn't GD support special language characters, like in my case the
> Danish characters ?, ? and ? (?, ? and ?)? When I try it, GD produces a
> completely different character. I've tried the Posix module and
> set_locale, but it's no help.

> So, is GD's fonts crippled to English only?

Not really. GD uses the ISO-8859-2 charset by default. What you
probably want is to use the bdftogd script that comes with the Perl GD
distribution to convert your ISO-8859-1 fonts to GD format, recompile
and reinstall the library.

Hope this helps,

 make vmlinux.exe                       -- SGI Visual Workstation Howto
Any spam sent to my email will be rewarded by complaint to your ISP abuse
  team and abuse teams of servers that relayed that message. It works.

Fri, 26 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 GD, fonts and Danish characters

Thanks for the reply

Quote:
> Not really. GD uses the ISO-8859-2 charset by default. What you
> probably want is to use the bdftogd script that comes with the Perl GD
> distribution to convert your ISO-8859-1 fonts to GD format, recompile
> and reinstall the library.

What is a bdf font, and where can I find one?

Sat, 27 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. DBD::CSV and danish characters

2. gd.pm, more fonts?

3. GD::Graph axis font size

4. where is GD::Font::Small defined?

5. GD font problem

6. Truetype fonts in GD Graphs

7. Font question in GD::Graph

8. GD is producing strange output from TTF fonts

9. Perl GD::Graph how to set font size

10. GD font problem

11. GD::Graph font question

12. GD lib fonts encoding?