Tk on NT
Author Message
 Tk on NT

Quote:

>Does anyone have any information regarding where to get
>and how to install/use Tk on NT?

>I read an article in WinNT magazine what described using Tk with
>Perl on NT...but the author has never bothered to respond.  What I
>would like to do is install and use it myself, and then post what I
>learned...

The Activestate port of Perl 5.005 ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ) comes
with a script called the perl package manager. With this, you dont
need a compiler. The basic installation is something like:

cd \perl\bin
perl ppm.pl
install Tk
quit

"Nothing is as subjective as reality"

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~reinoud

Fri, 20 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

Try: http://www.scriptics.com/software/download.html

--
Clay Irving

Fri, 20 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Tk on NT

Quote:

> >Does anyone have any information regarding where to get
> >and how to install/use Tk on NT?

> Try: http://www.scriptics.com/software/download.html

> --
> Clay Irving

The above is good for Tcl/Tk, but for perl, it's probably easier to
download the latest ActiveState Perl distribution.  After you install
that run ppm.pl to install Tk.

i.e.
cd to \perl\bin
perl ppm.pl
PPM>install Tk

Good luck

Sun, 22 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Tk on NT

Quote:

> The above is good for Tcl/Tk, but for perl, it's probably easier to
> download the latest ActiveState Perl distribution.  After you install
> that run ppm.pl to install Tk.

> i.e.
> cd to \perl\bin
> perl ppm.pl
> PPM>install Tk

I agree.  This is a very easy way to install Tk onto an NT system.  As a
follow-up to this, I'd add that you might have trouble if you're going
through a proxy server.  In this case, you can download the zip file
directly from www.activestate.com/packages/zips.  Then, in ppm, use the
"set" command to remove the repository entry for ActiveState, and add a
repository (name it LOCAL or whatever).  For instance, if you downloaded
Tk.zip, and extracted it to d:\perl\mod\in, you'd make a repository that
pointed to that directory.

ppm
set repository /remove ActiveState Package Repository
set repository LOCAL d:\perl\mod\in
install Tk

If you don't have ppm, build 506 of ActivePerl is available and includes
ppm.

--

(Any opinions expressed are my own, not necessarily those of IBM)

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem with Tk under NT

2. Tk on NT

3. fileevent not working in Perl Tk for NT

4. Perl/Tk for NT

5. Perl/Tk for NT?

6. perl/tk on NT?

7. tk under NT, tabs.pm missing

8. Tk on NT--Help

9. Installing Tk on NT using cywgin B21

10. Another question on installing Tk under NT; TK newbie

11. Perl5/Tk for Win95/NT

12. PRINTING UNDER NT : Using PERL/TK