file download via http
Author Message
 file download via http

Searched through several perl groups and saw that LWP::Simple is the module
I should use to download HTTP files with perl.

But, there was no readme on CPAN for this module. Also, how do I read the
perl man pages? I get 'permission denied' errors if I try to open them with
man /usr/lib/perl5/man/man3/*
(checked the permissions, they're root owned, 444).

--
Randy Perry
sysTame

remove 'SPAMKNOT' to email me

Tue, 23 Sep 2003 05:39:48 GMT
 file download via http

Quote:

> Searched through several perl groups and saw that LWP::Simple is the module
> I should use to download HTTP files with perl.

> But, there was no readme on CPAN for this module.

READMEs and FAQs are not the primary documentation.

Read the primary documentation for the module which _is_ on CPAN.

http://search.cpan.org/doc/GAAS/libwww-perl-5.52/lib/LWP/Simple.pm

Quote:
> Also, how do I read the perl man pages?

man or perldoc

Quote:
> I get 'permission denied' errors if I try to open them with
> man /usr/lib/perl5/man/man3/*
> (checked the permissions, they're root owned, 444).

This sounds like a local permissions problem - get your sysadmin to
look into it.

--
     \\   ( )
  .  _\\__[oo

 .  l___\\
  # ll  l\\
 ###LL  LL\\

Wed, 24 Sep 2003 00:23:11 GMT
 file download via http

Quote:

> Searched through several perl groups and saw that LWP::Simple is the module
> I should use to download HTTP files with perl.

not necessarily. You might LWP::UserAgent and HTTP::Request::Common for POST
requests.

Quote:

perldoc lwpcook or see lwpcook at www.perldoc.com

Quote:

> perl man pages? I get 'permission denied' errors if I try to open them with

either set your MANPATH variable or type perldoc LWP

Quote:

--
Terrence Brannon
Oracle Corporation

Wed, 24 Sep 2003 01:18:12 GMT

1. Download a file via HTTP

2. download file via http

3. Wich module for download via http ?

4. Downloading large file via IO::Socket::INET

5. Downloading files via .cgi - IE5 content-type?

6. Downloading Files via CGI

7. Download file to browser via application/x-compress

8. Downloading multiple files via CGI

9. http client file download?

10. Download files using HTTP / Perl

11. HTTP::Request: how to download to a file

12. http client file download?