POSIX.PM and NTPerl
Author Message
 POSIX.PM and NTPerl

I have little experience with perl but I'm trying to port some perl scripts
from UNIX to NT and they seem to require the POSIX.pm module. But POSIX.PM
does not seem to come with release 110 of Win32 Perl5. (Even though their
FAQ, but not their docs, seems to indicate that it does). I tried running
the scripts with a POSIX.PM from a UNIX system but I get a "Can't locate

be appreciated.
Gideon

Sat, 03 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 POSIX.PM and NTPerl

Quote:

> ... the scripts with a POSIX.PM from a UNIX system but I get a "Can't

the vars.pm is part of the 5.002/003 release of the unix flavor.
I copied the stuff from the source of the 5.003 release on CPAN.

be careful about replacing lib files from this release as there
are some quirks associated with using 5.003 modules with 5.001m

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Sun, 04 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 POSIX.PM and NTPerl

Quote:
>I have little experience with perl but I'm trying to port some perl scripts
>from UNIX to NT and they seem to require the POSIX.pm module. But POSIX.PM
>does not seem to come with release 110 of Win32 Perl5. (Even though their
>FAQ, but not their docs, seems to indicate that it does). I tried running
>the scripts with a POSIX.PM from a UNIX system but I get a "Can't locate

The NT Posix subsystem is renown for being incomplete, so good luck.
As for vars.pm, just copy it from a more recent source distribution of
Perl. Win32 Perl is still at 5.001m.

--
 Dave Wolfe    *Not a spokesman for Motorola*
 Motorola MMTG  6501 Wm. Cannon Dr. W. OE112  Austin  TX  78735-8598

Sun, 04 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Answer: NTPerl is at ftp://ntperl.hip.com/ntperl/

2. perl5.003 and POSIX.pm/Symbol.pm problem

3. Trying to get CGI.PM to run under NTPERL 5.00x

4. trying to find POSIX.pm

5. h2xs and POSIX.pm for Win32

6. Is there POSIX.pm for Perl Win32?

7. Where to find POSIX.pm???

8. Error in POSIX.pm when using signal handlers

9. How universal is POSIX.pm?

10. Where to find POSIX.pm???

11. buglet in POSIX.pm

12. Error Message from signal handler or POSIX.pm