DBI module conflict...
Author Message
 DBI module conflict...

Hey Folks,

Well, I've certainly screwed this up...

I wanted to use the DBI::XBase module to work with some .dbf files so I
built and installed the module.

What I didn't do was make sure the module wasn't already installed from an
RPM before I did it.

Now whenever I try to use the DBI module I get:

DBI object version 1.35 does not match $DBI::VERSION 1.30 at ...

I'm pretty clearly stuck between two versions.

I've attempted to force a re-install of the RPM version 1.3 but that doesn't
fix the problem.

Anyone have any idea what I can do to resolve this?

thx-

--
i.m.

All views, opinions and alleged facts expressed by this tactless moron
should be taken as good natured and friendly unless specifically stated
otherwise.

Sun, 25 Sep 2005 04:14:34 GMT
 DBI module conflict...
Try getting the latest from CPAN. I had a similar problem with mysql.

Quote:

--
----------------
Barton L. Phillips

Sun, 09 Oct 2005 02:09:34 GMT

1. Conflict between DBI V 1.32 and DBD::Chart V 0.80

2. OLE, DBI-ODBC conflicts?

3. Two modules of same name conflict each other

4. name conflict with new module (based on AuthCookie)

5. perl module conflict w/URL

6. Module conflict

7. local/site-wide install conflict

8. Conflicting directories