CPAN.pm or LWP causing problems with installations
Author Message
 CPAN.pm or LWP causing problems with installations

Quote:

> I am not sure if the following problems are caused by LWP (LWP::UserAgent) or
> CPAN (or both or something else), but here are their manifestations:
> cpan> install LWP::Parallel
> Going to read /root/.cpan/sources/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
> Going to read /root/.cpan/sources/modules/02packages.details.txt.gz
> Scanning cache /root/.cpan/build for sizes
> Going to read /root/.cpan/sources/modules/03modlist.data.gz
> Running make for MARCLANG/ParallelUserAgent-2.37.tar.gz
> Fetching with LWP:
> ftp://ftp.perl.org/pub/perl/CPAN/authors/id/MARCLANG/ParallelUserAgen....
> tar.gz
> Can't call method "mirror" without a package or object reference at
> /usr/lib/perl5/CPAN.pm line 1810.

I also had big trouble with CPAN.pm and LWP::UserAgent; in my case, it didn't
find the method LWP::Debug::trace because LWP::Debug was never "require"d in
the first place. After adding this statement to LWP::UserAgent CPAN.pm finally
succeeded.

Another work-around I found which works even better is to rename all
occurrences of "LWP.pm" and all directories "LWP" in the "lib" subdir
of your Perl installation (use "find" to find those) to something else
and re-run CPAN.pm. This time CPAN.pm will use the FTP modules and those
do work.

HTH.

Yours,
--

    Free Perl and C Software for Download: www.engelschall.com/u/sb/download/

Sun, 15 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. CPAN.pm problem, LWP: and Net::FTP: fail SLOWLY

2. Temp installations with CPAN.pm?

3. can't install CPAN.pm from CPAN.pm

4. installing CPAN.pm with CPAN.pm

5. Trouble with CPAN.pm / LWP libraries

6. Problems with CPAN.PM - Cannot find MAKE.PM

7. first cpan mod installation (problem)

8. Newbie LWP::Simple installation problem

9. Installation problems - LWP: Please Help!

10. Newbie: Problem using CPAN to install LWP

11. CGI.pm,, LWP.pm or HTML.pm

12. GD.pm installation problems