partial translation of webpages
Author Message
 partial translation of webpages

I'v created a web page that partially translates english text into
german. It is a part of my MSc Dissertation and it's is intended for
German learners of english. I intend to send it by email to lots of my
ex-students. To make the whole thing a lot slicker I'd like to get it
to translate webpages given just the url as this would make it more
useful and they would be more likely to test it for more than a couple
of minutes. At the momment, you have to cut and paste the text that
you want partially translated into an html-form. This is not very user
friendly.

I think I will need the modules; html-parser and lwp but our sysadmin
thinks there'll probably be a load of other dependent modules and that
it might be a bit of a pain. Which modules would I need?

I also think it would be really cool if the links in the original text
were modified so that they too were loaded through the translation
page. I imagine the links changing something like the following

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ://bob.com/linked-page.html

as this would allow the student to surf from page to page without
losing the partial translation.

Any ideas?

Appologies if this is an old chestnut

Toby

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:52:19 GMT

1. partial buffered writes

2. Partial Success installing Perl on Solaris 2.2

3. Partial RegExp's

4. Partial matching of regexps

5. Accessing hash with partial key

6. Detecting success on partial match with capture?

7. Partial URL Reads

8. partial search on a whois server

9. Partial matching of a regular expression

10. Net::FTP How to resume partial download?

11. reference to a partial array

12. Partial Apology to Perl Fans