Error using DB_File after moving from unix to NT
Author Message
 Error using DB_File after moving from unix to NT

I just changed internet webhosting provider from a unix system to a Windows
NT system.  All of my scripts had been working fine on the unix system, but
on the Windows NT system I am getting the following error:

************

CGI Error

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of
HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

C:\Perl\5.00502\lib/MSWin32-x86-object C:\Perl\5.00502\lib
C:\Perl\site\lib/MSWin32-x86-object C:\Perl\site\lib) at AutoLoader.pm line
69.
at DB_File.pm line 198

C:\Perl\5.00502\lib/MSWin32-x86-object C:\Perl\5.00502\lib
C:\Perl\site\lib/MSWin32-x86-object C:\Perl\site\lib) at bizmls.pm line 3

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at bizmls.pm line 3.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at d:\209.237.139.129\cgi-bin\search_f.pl
line 9.

**********

The first lines of bizmls.pm are:

package bizmls;

BEGIN {

 }
use DB_File;
use strict 'untie';
use Xbase;
use Fcntl;
use cookie;
use htmlpars;
use Socket;
use JulianDay;

**********

The first lines of search_f.pl are:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";

BEGIN {

 }
use bizmls;

bizmls::print_header;

#foreach $i(keys %ENV){print "The ",$i," is ",$ENV{$i},"<br>\n";}
#print "<HR>\n";
#foreach $i(keys %MYDATA){print $i,"=[",$MYDATA{$i},"]<br>\n";}

$date=&GetCurrentDate;

************

Ariel

Sun, 20 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

: ************

: CGI Error

: The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of
: HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

What that means is that DB-File isn't installed on your new server.
That's not surprising because, AFAIK, DB-File has not been ported to NT.
What this means is that if you're going to run the script on the new
server, you're going to have to rewrite it to use a dbm package that *is*
available on NT; SDBM definitely is, but there may be others.  This may
or may not be an easy task.

Sun, 20 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Error using DB_File after moving from unix to NT

Quote:

>: I just changed internet webhosting provider from a unix system to a Windows
>: NT system.  All of my scripts had been working fine on the unix system, but
>: on the Windows NT system I am getting the following error:

>What that means is that DB-File isn't installed on your new server.
>That's not surprising because, AFAIK, DB-File has not been ported to NT.
>What this means is that if you're going to run the script on the new
>server, you're going to have to rewrite it to use a dbm package that *is*
>available on NT; SDBM definitely is, but there may be others.  This may
>or may not be an easy task.

Hi,
   DB_File can be ported to NT. What you need to do is grab the
latest Berkeley DB from http://www.sleepycat.com/db and build it
using the instructions given (it builds nicely with VC++).
Then get the DB_File module from
        http://www.perl.com/CPAN/authors/id/PMQS/
and build it according to the instructions there. The DB_File module
won't use the new features present in version 2 of Berkeley DB -
for this you need the BerkeleyDB module available under the
same PMQS CPAN directory. I found though, after some trial and error
(on Windows 98), that the combination of version 2 of Berkeley DB
and DB_File builds cleanly.

--
                Best regards,
                Randy Kobes

Physics Department              Phone:     (204) 786-9399
University of Winnipeg          Fax:       (204) 774-4134

Canada                          http://theory.uwinnipeg.ca/

Sun, 20 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Error using DB_File after moving from unix to NT

Quote:

>Hi,
>   DB_File can be ported to NT. What you need to do is grab the
>latest Berkeley DB from http://www.sleepycat.com/db and build it
>using the instructions given (it builds nicely with VC++).
>Then get the DB_File module from
> http://www.perl.com/CPAN/authors/id/PMQS/
>and build it according to the instructions there. The DB_File module
>won't use the new features present in version 2 of Berkeley DB -
>for this you need the BerkeleyDB module available under the
>same PMQS CPAN directory. I found though, after some trial and error
>(on Windows 98), that the combination of version 2 of Berkeley DB
>and DB_File builds cleanly.

>--
> Best regards,
> Randy Kobes

>Physics Department Phone:    (204) 786-9399
>University of Winnipeg Fax:    (204) 774-4134

>Canada http://theory.uwinnipeg.ca/

Thank you for your replies.

Since my webhosting provider does not allow telnet access, I cannot get to
the command line to build/compile Db_File.pm.

Could someone please email me a compiled Db_File.pm for a NT system or
direct me where I could find one?

Thanks,

Ariel

Tue, 22 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. moving scripts from unix > NT

2. move from Unix to NT - - MSQL to Perl scripts broken

3. Moving from Unix to NT - sending mail

4. when moved from unix to nt breaks.....counting items in array

5. Moving from UNIX->NT

6. problem with moving a perl script from UNIX to NT

7. Using system in NT to move files

8. Error with my module using DB_File

9. Piddly runtime error using DB_File and Fcntl

10. File::Copy from NT to Unix using UNC

11. Unix web server to MS Access on NT using DBD::ODBC

12. Calling NT Service from UNIX using Perl ofcourse