Module for emulating a web browser?
Author Message
 Module for emulating a web browser?

I would like to write a CGI script that behaves like a web browser, to
receive, automatically complete and submit a web form.  (No, this is not for
some credit card scam!  It's to avoid the need for users to enter the same
data on two different web forms, one of which is on another server.)  Does a
module exist that can help me with this, and if possible, where can I find
some sample code?

Thanks,
Keith MacDonald

Sun, 18 Apr 2004 22:22:39 GMT
 Module for emulating a web browser?

Quote:

> I would like to write a CGI script that behaves like a web browser, to
> receive, automatically complete and submit a web form.

a combination of LWP::UserAgent and HTML::Form probably does
what you need. :)

--

CGI Meta FAQ - http://www.perl.org/CGI_MetaFAQ.html
Troubleshooting CGI scripts - http://www.perl.org/troubleshooting_CGI.html

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 02:36:18 GMT
 Module for emulating a web browser?

Quote:

> Does a module exist that can help me with this, and if possible,
> where can I find some sample code?

Yes modules exist to do what you ask and they can be found in the
usual place.

See FAQ: "What modules and extensions are available for Perl? ..."

Please try to get into the habit of consulting the FAQ _before_
posting to Usenet groups.

--
     \\   ( )
  .  _\\__[oo

 .  l___\\
  # ll  l\\
 ###LL  LL\\

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 02:39:51 GMT
 Module for emulating a web browser?

Quote:

> I would like to write a CGI script that behaves like a web browser, to

HTTP::WebTest might be what you are looking for.  It will access a URL and
pass CGI parameters.

--
Richard Anderson, Ph.D.

Sun, 02 May 2004 04:30:17 GMT

1. Emulating a web browser?

2. emulate a browser

3. Emulating a browser.

4. ADV: New FishBowl web browser integrates web server

5. Object-oriented module design: what to emulate?

6. Module to emulate a mainframe terminal session

7. Namespace Question: Module to emulate Apache's mod_include

8. Uploading files through my browser to my web site

9. Posting info to a URL w/o a web browser

10. Perl-DBI and Oralce Web Browser

11. Redirecting and Gerneal Interaction with Web Browser

12. Help needed: simulating a browser to download web-based mail