Win32::EventLog
Author Message
 Win32::EventLog

Hello:

I am getting an error when I call the Close method on an instance of
Win32::EventLog.  The following is the text of the message:

C:\WINNT\TEMP\MNSJSA\{F2F16819-88BF-4B41-A417-5000746107BD}\ .) at
Monster/MNSEventLog.pm line 250

I know that this means that Perl cannot find the autoload file
close.al.  I try to look at that directory and it doesn't exist.  Do I
need to reinstall this package or do I need to reinstall Perl?

Please let me know,

Thanks

Tue, 13 Apr 2004 23:29:10 GMT
 Win32::EventLog
I think I posted this once, so I apologize if you have seen it
multiple times.

I am getting the following error when I cann close on Win32::EventLog

C:\WINNT\TEMP\MNSJSA\{F2F16819-88BF-4B41-A417-5000746107BD}\ .) at
Monster/MNSEventLog.pm line 250

Do I need to reinstall this package or do I need to reinstall Perl?

Please help..

Thanks

Tue, 13 Apr 2004 23:35:16 GMT
 Win32::EventLog

Quote:

> I am getting an error when I call the Close method on an instance of
> Win32::EventLog.

I don't think that I believe that you are telling the truth.

Quote:
> The following is the text of the message:

> C:\WINNT\TEMP\MNSJSA\{F2F16819-88BF-4B41-A417-5000746107BD}\ .) at
> Monster/MNSEventLog.pm line 250

That error looks to me very much like you tried to call the close()
method not the Close() method.  AFAIK there is no close() method
defined by Win32::EventLog.

Quote:
> I know that this means that Perl cannot find the autoload file
> close.al.

Yep, if you try to call an non-existant method in an autoloading
module it will still try to autoload it and then complain about the
lack of a .al file if it can't.

Usually autoloaded methods should have "stubs" (see perldoc
AutoLoader) so that until they are loaded they are in a state where
exists() is true but defined() is true.  IMNSHO it would be nice if
AutoLoader had a switch to prevent it giving confusing errors by
trying to autoload non-existant methods.

Quote:
> Do I need to reinstall this package or do I need to reinstall Perl?

No.

--
     \\   ( )
  .  _\\__[oo

 .  l___\\
  # ll  l\\
 ###LL  LL\\

Fri, 16 Apr 2004 20:27:25 GMT

1. Win32::EventLog Writing to EventLog problem

2. Eventlog and Win32::Eventlog...

3. Q: Reading the WinNT EventLog (Win32::EventLog module)

4. Win NT EventLog (Win32::EventLog)

5. Eventlog and Win32::Eventlog...

6. Memory Problems with Win32::Eventlog?

7. Win32:Eventlog

8. Win32::Eventlog

9. win32::eventlog

10. Capturing Strings in Win32 EventLog module

11. Problems with Win32:EventLog

12. Win32::EventLog problem