running linux shell commands from perl scripts....
Author Message
 running linux shell commands from perl scripts....

Hi,
I have just started using perl and i would like to know how can i run any of
the linux shell commands using perl scripts, or how do i execute linux shell
commands within perl scripts?
Is there a website or books that can help me with this...?

Thanks

Sat, 30 Aug 2003 17:03:16 GMT
 running linux shell commands from perl scripts....
fail006 schrieb:

Quote:

> Hi,
> I have just started using perl and i would like to know how can i run any of
> the linux shell commands using perl scripts, or how do i execute linux shell
> commands within perl scripts?
> Is there a website or books that can help me with this...?

perldoc -f system

As for books: Did you try to search for "Perl" at
amazon.com?

--
Christian Kirsch

Tel +49-30-78702288   +49-511-5352-590
Fax +49-30-78702289   KEINE ANNAHME VON DOC-DATEIEN

Sat, 30 Aug 2003 21:37:11 GMT
 running linux shell commands from perl scripts....
As far as books are concerned, I bought the PERL CD Bookshelf by
Or0ley.  It containes 6 perl books on one cd.

Jenx

Quote:
>Hi,
>I have just started using perl and i would like to know how can i run any of
>the linux shell commands using perl scripts, or how do i execute linux shell
>commands within perl scripts?
>Is there a website or books that can help me with this...?

>Thanks

Sun, 31 Aug 2003 03:27:17 GMT

1. running linux shell commands from perl scripts....

2. How to run shell commands from Perl script?

3. How to run shell commands from Perl script?

4. using system() command in perl/cgi script running under Linux

5. Running shell commands via CGI script

6. Running shell commands via CGI script

7. Calling shell scripts or shell commands from Perl

8. Beginners Problem - Running Shell commands in perl

9. Incomplete output from crontab email: running shell scripts from a perl script

10. Running c-shell commands in perl

11. Running C-Shell commands in perl

12. How to run shell command from within perl?