ActiveState Perl 5.6 and Roth pm's
Author Message
 ActiveState Perl 5.6 and Roth pm's

has anyone got the Roth pm's (AdminMisc and RASAdmin especially) to work
with the new AS Perl 5.6?  I can understand why they don't work.  I keep

I downgrade to Perl 5.005_x, AdminMisc works, but RASAdmin doesn't.
Anyone have any ideas or links?  I building from the source the answer?

Griffin Caprio

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 02 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ActiveState Perl 5.6 and Roth pm's

Quote:
> has anyone got the Roth pm's (AdminMisc and RASAdmin especially) to work
> with the new AS Perl 5.6?  I can understand why they don't work.  I keep

> I downgrade to Perl 5.005_x, AdminMisc works, but RASAdmin doesn't.
> Anyone have any ideas or links?  I building from the source the answer?

here's a snippet from the Perl.Extension.Win32.AdminMisc newsgroup on
news.roth.net.  granted, it is 3rd hand info by now....

<snippet>
I got this in an email from Dave:

"AdminMisc needs to be compiled for 5.6. We have not done this quite yet --
troubles converting from 5.5. We hope to have it ready fairly soon...oh for
the time."

So ... we're SoL on using AdminMisc in 5.6 until Dave gets the time to
rebuild it against the 5.6 core of Active Perl.  I have punted on moving to
AS perl 5.6 until AdminMisc is ready, as I simply can't live without it ...
</snippet>

thanks,
mark

Sun, 08 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ActiveState Perl 5.6 - Can't exit WHILE loop

2. MIME::Lite doesn't work on Win2000/Activestate 5.6

3. ActiveState Perl 5.6. and Language Localization

4. Install MailTools on ActiveState perl 5.6 !!!

5. NEWBIE: Using Win32::Eventlog under Activestate Perl 5.6 (Win XP)

6. Perl 5.6 Activestate crashes in Windows 98

7. NEWBIE: Using Win32::Eventlog under Activestate Perl 5.6 (Win XP)

8. Mail::Sender bad file descriptor (Apache for Win32 on win2k, ActiveState Perl 5.6, Win2k SMTP server)

9. Net::Daemon on activestate perl 5.6

10. ptkdb and ActiveState Perl 5.6 Win32

11. mod_perl with activestate perl 5.6 on win32?

12. Install MailTools on ActiveState perl 5.6 !!!