SQL Server 7 and Win32::ODBC perl module
Author Message
 SQL Server 7 and Win32::ODBC perl module

Quote:
> >What is strange is that the previous database that I was using was
Access,
> >and I was able to return the entire entry (all 2000+ characters) using
the
> >same perl scripts. It was only after switching to a SQL Server 7 database
> >that this unusual behavior was shown.

> Hm, what version of the ODBC driver do you have? I believe you
> need to have 3.70 or higher. Previous versions will be regarded
> as legacy clients by SQL7 which will truncate strings longer than
> 255 chars.

My original setup was that I had my perl scripts on one machine and the SQL
Server on another machine. The machine that contained my perl scripts had
driver version 3.5; the machine with SQL Server had 3.7. The DSN entry I was
using pointed to the version 3.5 driver.

After reading your email I moved my perl scripts to be on the same machine
as the SQL Server and changed my DSN entry accordingly. However, the
truncation still occurs, even with driver version 3.7.

So one hurdle down, but another has appeared.

Any additional suggestions? They would be much appreciated.

Kelley Kent

Sat, 08 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SQL Server 7 and Win32::ODBC perl module

Quote:

>Any additional suggestions? They would be much appreciated.

Using 3.70.06.90 drivers, I was able to get 300+ characters of both
char and varchar types in SQL7 using Win32::ODBC. Can you create the
problem with a small script and database?

'course you could switch everything over to ADO !8)

Tue, 11 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQL Server 7 and Win32::ODBC perl module

2. ODBC perl module to access MS-SQL Server?

3. NT Perl ODBC module to MS SQL Server

4. LONG: Req: Help in retrieving values from SQL Server stored procedure using Win32::ODBC

5. Win32:ODBC and Microsoft's SQL Server 6.5

6. Win32::ODBC and transactions with SQL Server

7. Win32::ODBC, Perl SQL vs. standard SQL

8. Win32::ODBC strangeness with SQL Server databases?

9. Configure Win32::ODBC Connection to a SQL Server?

10. Win32::ODBC strangeness with SQL Server databases?

11. DBD::ODBC::db prepare failed: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'tblClient'. (SQL-S0002)

12. Unix perl SQL interface module for NT SQL server