Win32::TieRegistry - set value to remote registry
Author Message
 Win32::TieRegistry - set value to remote registry

Does anybody has some example of perl script to connect to remote
registry and set some values on the registry of the remote computer?

Please send me the link or the script.

More Information:
Supose that I am the administrator of the PDC. I want from the PDC
server
connect to a remote registry and set some value there. How can I do
that?

Ps. For those of you who will respond, try Forix.... , I already saw it,
but it
dont work for my problem. Forix is a good perl application, but the
demo
version only checks the registry. Im trying to set values on the
registry, not
only read it.

Thanks
Alessandro

Sat, 15 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Win32::TieRegistry - set value to remote registry
I guess my first question is...have you checked the docs for TieRegistry?

Second...the application you mention is ForixNT...located at
http://www.forixnt.com

And you are mistaken regarding the capabilities...the full version gets the
values, but for
a bit extra, you can get the functionality to _set_ the domain account
policy, audit policy,
Registry keys, etc, etc...

Quote:

--
Q: Why is Batman better than Bill Gates?
A: Batman was able to beat the Penguin.

Sat, 15 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Win32::TieRegistry - set value to remote registry

Quote:
> I guess my first question is...have you checked the docs for TieRegistry?

Do I have to answer this ?
Of course I did. I already told you, I did read it many times.

But for those of you that dont know. Brazil is located in South America,
and we speak Portuguese here. Not English and not Spanish. So sometimes
we have difficult time to understand the manual or the docs.

Quote:
> Second...the application you mention is ForixNT...
> And you are mistaken regarding the capabilities...the full version gets the
> values,

I dont care about the full version of Forix. You have to pay to get it.
How about that? I am a student, and I study to learn how can I create or
develop any *free* solution for our problems.

At this time, I dont want to get money with my solutions.
BTW, I am using Forix to get started at Perl scripts. Its a good software,
but I will have to create a similar product that changes the registry and do
the other stuffs that I need to.

Ps. I still having the same problem. Another great help?

Alessandro

Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:11:41 GMT

1. Setting remote values (Win32::TieRegistry)

2. Setting remote values (Win32::TieRegistry)

3. Perl for Win32::Registry Set Value question

4. Win32::Registry remote registry access

5. How to flush Registry changes using Win32::TieRegistry

6. How can I connect to NT machine's registry remotely when using Win32::TieRegistry

7. Need help reading REG_BINARY value using Win32::TieRegistry

8. Win32API::Registry Problem with setting value

9. connecting to remote registry with Win32

10. Remote Registry Control (Win32::???)

11. Remote File Mgmt and Registry Query with Win32 Perl

12. Perl Win32::Registry (Remote Connect)