ODBC Excel with DBI
Author Message
 ODBC Excel with DBI

Dows anyone knows how to connect to a ODBC Excel table with DBI?

I don't know how to construct my SQLStatement. I know how to connect to a
Access database with
"SELECT * FROM [table_Name]", but with Excel, I don't have a "Table_Name".

Regrads,

I would prefert not to use a win32 package... but if this is the only way...

Regards
Etienne Laverdiere.

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 ODBC Excel with DBI

Quote:

> Dows anyone knows how to connect to a ODBC Excel table with DBI?

> I don't know how to construct my SQLStatement. I know how to connect to a
> Access database with
> "SELECT * FROM [table_Name]", but with Excel, I don't have a "Table_Name".

Both Bob Walton and I gave examples of this in our responses to your
message last week.  We both gave concrete examples of working code.
What happened when you modified those examples to fit your local setup
and ran them?

--
Jeff

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. MS Access, Linux, DBI, DBD::ODBC, Easysoft's ODBC-ODBC Bridge

2. win32::ODBC use with ODBC Excel driver

3. Using Win32::ODBC for Excel Spreasheet

4. Syntax in odbc select clause - excel

5. Reading Excel via ODBC

6. Win32::ODBC / Excel Trouble

7. A short example for using WIN32::ODBC and EXCEL

8. Connecting to Excel spreadsheet via Win32::ODBC?

9. Help, please, with ODBC and named ranges in Excel

10. Problems using Excel with ODBC as a database!

11. Reading Excel via ODBC

12. Howto: Read Excel via ODBC