Business Graphics Postscript Code
Author Message
 Business Graphics Postscript Code

Hi,

I'm looking for a perl based solution that will generate business graphics
(bar chart, pie chart, ...). Most of the functionality I'm looking for exists
in the current "chart"/"GIFGRAPH" modules - but they create a GIF file, and I
need a format that can be integrated with existing nroff output: hopefully:
postscript.

Thanks,
Yair Lenga

Thu, 21 Sep 2000 04:00:00 GMT
 Business Graphics Postscript Code

Quote:

> I'm looking for a perl based solution that will generate business graphics
> (bar chart, pie chart, ...). Most of the functionality I'm looking for exists
> in the current "chart"/"GIFGRAPH" modules - but they create a GIF file, and I
> need a format that can be integrated with existing nroff output: hopefully:
> postscript.

I don't have a perl module, but using something like psgraph.ps (see
<http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/dylan/pshacks.html>) it should be
quite easy to build one.

Hope this helps

--

Department of Computational Linguistics --- University of Erlangen, Germany
You know, basically, I'm no good at either linguistics or computer science.

Thu, 21 Sep 2000 04:00:00 GMT
 Business Graphics Postscript Code

Quote:

> Hi,

> I'm looking for a perl based solution that will generate business graphics
> (bar chart, pie chart, ...). Most of the functionality I'm looking for exists
> in the current "chart"/"GIFGRAPH" modules - but they create a GIF file, and I
> need a format that can be integrated with existing nroff output: hopefully:
> postscript.

I wrote a module to do this. It does (pretty good) bar charts and (not quite so good)
pie charts in Postscript. It is object-oriented and you can combine charts in one
image, together with labels etc.

The output was designed to be included into TeX, so it should work fine
with *roff. The code can also call ghostscript to output in any desired
format & I even have it generating GIFs for the Web, on the fly, from
database data.

I never got around to polishing it for CPAN, but you can pick up a copy from
ftp://ftp.dcs.ed.ac.uk/pub/paul/pschart.tar.gz. It is pretty-well documented
with POD in the .pm files.

Let me know what you think if you try it.

        Paul

--

LFCS,  Department of Computer Science, University of Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, UK
<http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/~paul/> (PGP Key)       Fax: (+44) (0)131-667-7209

Sun, 24 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Business Graphics Postscript Code

Quote:

> > Hi,

> > I'm looking for a perl based solution that will generate business graphics
> > (bar chart, pie chart, ...). Most of the functionality I'm looking for exists
> > in the current "chart"/"GIFGRAPH" modules - but they create a GIF file, and I
> > need a format that can be integrated with existing nroff output: hopefully:
> > postscript.

Why not just simply use gifgraph and pump everything through pbm+ to turn it
into postscript.  Should be a total of 1 extra line of code.

Mark Daku

Sun, 24 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. business graphics with perl

2. Converting Perl code & pod docs to postscript

3. postscript phone book pretty printer script (perl code)

4. Need nifty code for displaying Web Graphics

5. PostScript::Font -- tools for PostScript TypeX and TrueType fonts

6. ANNOUNCE: PostScript::Font -- tools for PostScript fonts

7. Calculating business dates?

8. Business::ISBN

9. START a FREE Online Business TODAY

10. Web space available, $$$ reasonable, also Business Opp's

11. Need feedback on a business idea....