GD and animated gifs
Author Message
 GD and animated gifs

I'm working on a script that puts in correct width and height tags in
html pages. However, anytime it tries to get the width and height of an
animated gif, it catches a BUS error and core dumps.

Does GD handle animated gifs? Is there anyway to catch this so I can
skip that file instead of getting a core dump?

Thanks.

----
Mark J. Lilback

Webmaster, Internet Interstate
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 06 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 GD and animated gifs

Quote:

> I'm working on a script that puts in correct width and height tags in
> html pages. However, anytime it tries to get the width and height of an
> animated gif, it catches a BUS error and core dumps.

Why not use Image::Size from CPAN? I don't think it suffers from that
problem. Hope this helps!

   http://www.perl.com/CPAN
   http://www.perl.com/CPAN/modules/by-module/Image/

-- Tom Phoenix            http://www.teleport.com/~rootbeer/

You may want to look at fiximg.pl, by Patrick Atoon:

        http://www.sci.kun.nl/thalia/guide/README-fiximg.html

: Does GD handle animated gifs? Is there anyway to catch this so I can
: skip that file instead of getting a core dump?

It isn't based on Image::Size, but perhaps you could modify it so
that it is :-)

neilb

Sun, 07 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Animated GIFS with GD.pm?

2. Combining Animated Gifs in Perl?

3. Animated gifs question ...

4. animated gifs

5. Problems with animated gifs in Netscape 3.01/ CGI

6. Making Animated GIFS

7. Making Animated GIFS

8. Animated Gifs

9. How to unpack animated GIFs