SSL (Net::SSLeay.pm ?) examples/doc needed 
Author Message
 SSL (Net::SSLeay.pm ?) examples/doc needed

I'm in the progress of writing a SSL client to communicate with a
SSLserver. I've installed the Eric Youngs SSLeay library, and the
Net:SSLeay module, and done some testing and it works fine with the
basic examples.
My problem is, that i am NOT able to force the client to use the right
cipher-suites (EXP-RC2-CBC-MD5 or EXP-RC4-MD5 on SSLv3).

All the documentation/examples i've found, seems to concentrate on
https, and not on pure SSL communication.

Anyone got some examples/documentation/URLS ?

If there's other perl/SSL implementations out there, this could
interesting to know about

Kind regards

--
Soeren Schroeder



Sat, 25 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 SSL (Net::SSLeay.pm ?) examples/doc needed


Quote:
>My problem is, that i am NOT able to force the client to use the right
>cipher-suites (EXP-RC2-CBC-MD5 or EXP-RC4-MD5 on SSLv3).

Those two specifically or just SSLv3 ? If it is just a question of
forcing SSLv3 then uncomment the line:
#$Net::SSLeay::ssl_version = 3;
in the SSLeay.pm file.

vh

Mads Toftum, QDPH
som p? USENET repr?senterer sig selv og ingen andre.



Sat, 25 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 SSL (Net::SSLeay.pm ?) examples/doc needed

Quote:

>Those two specifically or just SSLv3 ? If it is just a question of
>forcing SSLv3 then uncomment the line:
>#$Net::SSLeay::ssl_version = 3;
>in the SSLeay.pm file.

Nop, not just SSLv3, I allready did the above, but it didn't do the
trick.

Thanks anyway.

<danish>
Det ser ud til at Net::SSLeay.pm er et rent dansk anliggende ;-)
</danish>

--
S?ren Schr?der



Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 SSL (Net::SSLeay.pm ?) examples/doc needed


Quote:
>Nop, not just SSLv3, I allready did the above, but it didn't do the
>trick.

Well, then it's lucky that there's a set_cipher_list function in the
module.
From the examples dir - https-proxy-snif.pl:94:    

&Net::SSLeay::set_cipher_list($ssl2, "DES-CBC3-MD5:RC4-MD5")

Quote:
><danish>
>Det ser ud til at Net::SSLeay.pm er et rent dansk anliggende ;-)
></danish>

<danish>
Den bruges skam ogs? mange andre steder - men du er da velkommen til
at flytte til dk.edb.programmering.perl
</danish>

vh

Mads Toftum, QDPH
som p? USENET repr?senterer sig selv og ingen andre.



Mon, 27 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Net::FTP und Crypt::SSLeay (Net::SSL)

2. libwww or LWPng or IO::Socket::SSL or Net::SSLeay

3. Net:SSLeay and Crypt:SSL on Linux 6.0

4. Net::SSLeay/ssl/client certificate question

5. Authenticating proxy requests over SSL - Net::SSLeay???

6. POSTing data with SSL (Net::SSLeay) ?!?!

7. SSL and Net::SSLeay

8. Net::SSLeay.pm-1.05

9. make test failure, Net::SSLeay.pm on Solaris 2.4

10. Net::SSLeay.pm and new OpenSSL anyone?

11. make test failure, Net::SSLeay.pm on Solaris 2.4

12. Crypt::SSLeay or Net::SSLeay on NT

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software