About Numerical Analysis with perl
Author Message
 About Numerical Analysis with perl

Hi.

I am going to solve some mathmatical problems with perl.
There are some perl modules on numerical analysis but I could not find
out the Gamma and Bessel functions.

Do you have any  information about these ?

Thanks.

--
Lab : ComNet,Info_Comm, K-JIST
Address : 1 Oryongdong Bukgu Kwangju, Korea

Sat, 25 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 About Numerical Analysis with perl
On Tue, 09 Mar 1999 16:42:25 +0900,

Quote:

>I am going to solve some mathmatical problems with perl.
>There are some perl modules on numerical analysis but I could not find
>out the Gamma and Bessel functions.

Hi,
   You could check out the PDL module (http://pdl.perl.org/),
which has support for Bessel functions and for the (log of
the) gamma function. Alternatively, the Math::Pari module supports
the gamma function and the (half integral) Bessel function J_{n+1/2}.
Finally, the Math::ematica module provides an interface to
Mathematica, if you have that.

--
                Best regards,
                Randy Kobes

Physics Department              Phone:     (204) 786-9399
University of Winnipeg          Fax:       (204) 774-4134

Canada                          http://theory.uwinnipeg.ca/

Sat, 25 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. About Numerical Analysis with perl

2. Perl vs Python for Numerical Analysis

3. Perl vs Python for Numerical Analysis

4. Modules for numerical analysis

5. Announce: New Perl module - Numerical Recipes in C

6. Perl script for grabbing numerical URLs?

7. Big Numerical Computations in Perl ve C++/Fortran

8. Perl bowling: numerical sort.

9. Zipfian analysis of scientific online communication -- perl script

10. Lexical analysis with perl (lex replacement)

11. Text Analysis Tools in Perl???

12. perl for statistics analysis?