XS compile probs under win32.
Author Message
 XS compile probs under win32.

Hi,
   I'm having problems compiling an XS based extension under perl5005_03
(built from scratch today using CPAN source and MSVC5).

The extension builds absolutely perfectly under Activestate's version
of Perl [build 522], but I am required to port this to the 'pure' build
of perl (as built from the CPAN source) so that I can run the module
under some e-commerce s/w which installs a CPAN build of win32-perl for
it to use :-(

XSubpp runs through the XS fine, and produces the normal modcheck.c
(modcheck being the name of my module)....but as soon as the compiler
tries compiling this I get about ten errors and the rest are pages of
warnings (none of this happens when I build under ActivePerl).

The Errors basically consist of the folllowing:

- Several of 'C2143 - syntax error: missing ';' before 'type'

- Lots of    'C2065 - Undeclared Identifier'
  [ALL of the Identifier errors reference the variables defined in
   my XSUB as inputs to the C function]

- Lots of 'C4047 - 'char *' differs in level of indirection from 'int'

- Lots of 'warning C4024: Different types for formal and actual
  parameter xx'

I am a bit puzzled by all this, I suspect the undeclared ID errors are
something to do with my function defs in the header file for the
external library I'm using, these originally used to have to link from
activestates perl (in C++) to the C based bits of the third party
libary e.g

extern "C" {
 void __stdcall function1(param1);

Quote:
}

but I've tried commenting them out etc to no avail.

I'm a bit lost at the mo - so If anyone has any bright Ideas then I'm
listening :-)

Rather than post lots and lots of files I've put the Source for the
modules (both my original Source for the activestate version - and the
one I've played with to try and get it to work) AND a text file
containing the errors I got up on

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thanks in advance,

-=Ian=-

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 16:28:21 GMT

1. XS compile probs under win32.

2. sun specific probs while writing C++ extensions for perl (XS)

3. probs with C extensions(xs) in perl

4. Can't compile DBD::Pg under IRIX 5.3 (possible repost sorry, having probs with Deja)

5. Can't compile DBD::Pg under IRIX 5.3 (possible repost sorry, having probs with Deja)

6. crypt DES and IDEA compile probs on Solaris 2.7

7. Can't compile DBD::Pg under IRIX 5.3 (possible repost sorry, having probs with Deja)

8. crypt DES and IDEA compile probs on Solaris 2.7

9. Probs Compiling Perl5.00{2,3} under AIX 4.1.4

10. xs trouble on Win32 (building Win32::API)

11. xs trouble on Win32 (building Win32::API)

12. CGI Probs w/ Win32 Perl and MS IIS