RFC: Set::CheckList
Author Message
 RFC: Set::CheckList

NAME

Set::CheckList -- Keep track of a list of "to do" items.

SYNOPSIS

 use Set::CheckList;

 my $cl = Set::CheckList->new();
 $cl->set('Larry');

 while (defined(my $item = $cl->next())) {
     $cl->set('Randal'); # items can be set in the middle of a loop
     $cl->set('Tom');
     print $item, "\n"
 }

output:

 Larry
 Tom
 Randal

DESCRIPTION

Provides a mechanism for tracking a list of "to do" items.  Each item
can be added to the list any number of times, but is returned only
once by the next() or each() commands. CheckList provides two
interfaces: object oriented and tied hash.

I specifically created this module to help with a page indexing
system.  Each page might be referenced any number of times by other
pages, but should indexed only once.  The list of pages to index also
grows as pages are indexed. CheckList provided a simple way to add to
the to-do list of pages that need indexing even as the indexing
progresses.

The namespace Set::CheckList has already been approved and is awaiting
my upload to CPAN (which, unless I'm totally shot down on this idea,
will happen not long after this RFC).

Meanwhile, POD and source can be found at
http://www.*-*-*.com/

-Miko

Wed, 21 Apr 2004 03:52:29 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: Set::CheckList 1.00

2. RFC: Set::Window - Manages an interval on the integer line

3. RFC: New VcsTools::* set of modules

4. Suggestion for a checklist when calling an external UNIX executable from CGI does not work

5. CGI Checklist

6. Module proposal: Set::IntegerRun -> Set::IntSpan

7. Perl version of SMTP (RFC 821) & RFC 822?

8. RFC - ThisVersionIs.pm

9. RFC: FAQ3 update -- Using less memory

10. RFC: How to name date objects module?

11. RFC: How to name date objects module?

12. RFC: Second German Perl-Workshop 2000