Two versions of the same module
Author Message
 Two versions of the same module

Quote:

>The Makefile.PL of File-Spec-0.82 says:

>    'INSTALLDIRS'   => 'perl'

>So this File::Spec version should replace the old version in
>/usr/libdata/perl.

FreeBSD strikes again! I see a Makefile.PL.orig, and...

oban# diff Makefile.PL.orig Makefile.PL
10c10
<     'INSTALLDIRS'   => 'perl', # 'perl' makes it replace std modules
---

Quote:
> #    'INSTALLDIRS'   => 'perl', # 'perl' makes it replace std modules

I wonder why they did that? It would be OK if the new version was
found first, but since it isn't then the whole install is of
no purpose.

--
Jim Hatfield

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 00:06:44 GMT
 Two versions of the same module

Quote:

> >The Makefile.PL of File-Spec-0.82 says:

> >       'INSTALLDIRS'   => 'perl'

> >So this File::Spec version should replace the old version in
> >/usr/libdata/perl.

> FreeBSD strikes again! I see a Makefile.PL.orig, and...

> oban# diff Makefile.PL.orig Makefile.PL
> 10c10
> <     'INSTALLDIRS'   => 'perl', # 'perl' makes it replace std modules
> ---
> > #    'INSTALLDIRS'   => 'perl', # 'perl' makes it replace std modules

> I wonder why they did that? It would be OK if the new version was
> found first, but since it isn't then the whole install is of
> no purpose.

Policy? Everything in the ports should go to /usr/local instead of

changed in FreeBSD's perl. I suggest to send a bug report to the
maintainer of the port.

Regards,
        Slaven

--

Dump a Tk canvas as an xfig file:
        http://search.cpan.org/search?mode=module&query=Tk::CanvasFig

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 02:35:33 GMT

1. Problem with two versions of Perl installed

2. perl module to compare two files?

3. Two bugs in HTML-Tree modules?

4. Two modules of same name conflict each other

5. Searching for two perl modules: DBD::Oracle and DBD::DB2

6. Looking for simple two-way password encryption/decryption module

7. Request for Review - Two new modules

8. two modules -- one in /usr/lib/perl5 one not

9. Perl Module or Script for difference of two files

10. seeking two db search-related modules.

11. Writing to the same text widget from two modules

12. How to choose from two versions of the same named module.