Raw socket programming in Perl
Author Message
 Raw socket programming in Perl

Okay, Jeff...

Thanks for pointing out a spelling error.  However, the same problem persists...
the script runs fine, but a NetXRay capture reveals that an IP packet, vice TCP,
is sent.  All of the values read from the packet capture have nothing to do with
what was included in the script when the packet was constructed...

Quote:

> > my $sourc_port = "1025";

> > tcp_storm($target_box,$target_port,$source_box,$source_port);

> The problem is left as an exercise for the reader.  Running this with perl -w
> would probably have uncovered the problem (assuming that you didn't use
> $sourc_port accidentally somewhere else).

> -jeff

> --
> /-------------------------------------------------------------------------\

> +-------------------+--------------------+--------------------------------+
> | Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:                            |
> | soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order - Ed Howdershelt           |
> \-------------------------------------------------------------------------/

Fri, 20 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Raw socket programming in Perl

Quote:
> my $sourc_port = "1025";

> tcp_storm($target_box,$target_port,$source_box,$source_port);

The problem is left as an exercise for the reader.  Running this with perl -w
would probably have uncovered the problem (assuming that you didn't use
$sourc_port accidentally somewhere else).

-jeff

--
/-------------------------------------------------------------------------\

+-------------------+--------------------+--------------------------------+
| Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:                            |
| soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order - Ed Howdershelt           |
\-------------------------------------------------------------------------/

Sat, 21 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Raw socket programming in Perl

Quote:
> Thanks for pointing out a spelling error.  However, the same problem persists...
> the script runs fine, but a NetXRay capture reveals that an IP packet, vice TCP,
> is sent.  All of the values read from the packet capture have nothing to do with
> what was included in the script when the packet was constructed...

Network byte order?

Greetings
Bernd

Sun, 22 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Raw socket programming in Perl

Quote:

> > Thanks for pointing out a spelling error.  However, the same problem persists...
> > the script runs fine, but a NetXRay capture reveals that an IP packet, vice TCP,
> > is sent.  All of the values read from the packet capture have nothing to do with
> > what was included in the script when the packet was constructed...
> Network byte order?

That's what I attempted to do.  However, I have no way of verifying atthis point that
all the ones and zeros were in the right place prior to the
packet being sent...I have yet to find a way to print the ones and zeros
that result from a pack()...

Carv

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Raw socket programming in Perl

2. Raw Sockets in Perl

3. Raw socket problem

4. creating raw sockets with pack

5. printing raw data (non-ASCII) to a socket

6. Raw socket mutilates datagrams

7. Raw Sockets

8. Raw Sockets

9. can't open raw socket

10. help: socket programming in perl!

11. Socket Programming Sample in Perl: Telnet.pl

12. perl socket programming questions