ftp.pl vs NET:FTP
Author Message
 ftp.pl vs NET:FTP

Currently I am using ftp.pl in the version 5.004_04 lib directory.
Basically my code periodically get a file from remote machine. but after

running several hours, it always cause a bus error. Is there a bug in
the "ftp.pl" or I am not using it correctly? Is NET:FTP better than
ftp.pl?

Briefly my code like this:

#require 'ftp.pl';

    &ftp'open($host, $user, 21, 0, 1);

    &ftp'login($user, $password);

    &ftp'cwd($my_path)

    &ftp'type("I");

while(1)
{
     &ftp'cwd("./tmp")

    &ftp'dir_open(" -t -1 *.data");
    while (&ftp'read > 0) {
      $mybuffer = $ftp'buf;
    }
    &ftp'dir_close;
    .
    .
    .

    &ftp'get($file_remote, $file_local);

    &ftp'cwd("../")

   # sleep for 1 minute
   select(undef, undef, undef, 60);

Quote:
} #endofwhile

&ftp'close();

  Any help via E-Mail would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Mon, 09 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ftp.pl perl ftp library

2. win32 ftp'put problem with ftp.pl

3. NET::FTP How to FTP all files of a current filetype

4. Net::FTP $ftp->pwd() undef??

5. libnet/Net::FTP-- accessing FTP within an intranet...

6. Net::Ftp and the use of the FTP user command

7. How to use Net::FTP - FTP Client class through a Firewall

8. How to use Net::FTP - FTP Client class

9. Net::FTP - configure ftp proxy

10. Net::FTP - configure my ftp proxy

11. Net::FTP examples ftp->quit hangs

12. Net::FTP ftp->ls() stopped working