Problem using MLDBM
Author Message
 Problem using MLDBM

Hi,

Can someone point me to a good example on how to store a hash of hashes
using MLDBM (with DB_File and Storable on WinNT 4, ActiveState Perl
522). The storage of the hash seems to be ok, I can retrieve the keys
too, but can access the values (ref to hashes)  - they seem to be not
present.

TIA

Gruss

Uwe W. Gehring
Webmaster, ZDF.online
http://www.*-*-*.com/
Fon +49 6131 70-6675
    +49  179 2080333
Fax +49 6131 70-6864
---------------------
"Don't use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice."

Sat, 14 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem using MLDBM
perldoc MLDBM should get you started.  If you have any other problems mail
me direct and I should be able to help you out.

At a guess the problem you are having is trying store directly below the
top level, this is not supported by the Tie::Hash interface and you'll have
do something like this.

$temp = $tiedhash{key};
$temp->{subkey1}{subkey2} = "something";
$tiedhash{key} = $temp;

Cheers
Matt

Quote:

--
(_heers

|\/|att |)ale

Mon, 16 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem using MLDBM

2. persistence problems using DB_File and MLDBM

3. taint error using MLDBM::Sync

4. Using another dbm with MLDBM.pm

5. Using MLDBM

6. Tie hash of hash using MLDBM

7. untie warning when using MLDBM module

8. PERL bug using sort with MLDBM?

9. DB_File and seq function (using MLDBM)

10. Q: Problem with MLDBM

11. Problems w/MLDBM

12. problem compiling with MLDBM