Win32::Process::Create -- Arg #5
Author Message
 Win32::Process::Create -- Arg #5

The fifth argument for the Create method of Win32::Process is documented
thusly in perldoc:
$cflags         flags for creation (see exported vars below)
Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any "exported vars below".

The example in the doc uses NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS for this arg. There's
an example in the gecko book that uses DETACHED_PROCESS which seems to
cause the process to run background.

What other options are there for this arg and/or where are they
documented?

TIA!

Thu, 25 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Win32::Process::Create -- Arg #5

Quote:

>The fifth argument for the Create method of Win32::Process is documented
>thusly in perldoc:
>$cflags         flags for creation (see exported vars below)
>Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any "exported vars below".

>The example in the doc uses NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS for this arg. There's
>an example in the gecko book that uses DETACHED_PROCESS which seems to
>cause the process to run background.

>What other options are there for this arg and/or where are they
>documented?

Have you looked :

1) in the module itself - check in your Perl\site\lib\Win32 directory
for a file called 'Process.pm'

2) in the Win32 API - if you don't have that, search MSDN at Microsoft
for 'CreateProcess' - http://search.microsoft.com/us/dev/

HTH,

Michel.

Thu, 25 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Win32::Process::Create -- Arg #5
Quote:

> The fifth argument for the Create method of Win32::Process is
> documented thusly in perldoc:
> $cflags         flags for creation (see exported vars below)
> Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any "exported vars below".

> The example in the doc uses NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS for this arg.
> There's an example in the gecko book that uses DETACHED_PROCESS which
> seems to cause the process to run background.

> What other options are there for this arg and/or where are they
> documented?

Take a look at the source code for the Win32::Process module, in
file Process.pm in the Win32 directory.  Just search for Process.pm.
Right near the start is a list of symbols exported by the module.
You'll probably have to know something about Windows if you want
to know what they all mean.
--
Bob Walton

Thu, 25 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Win32::Process::Create -- Arg #5

2. How to capture process output by Win32::Process::Create

3. Two processes created with Process::Create

4. Help with Win32::Process::Create

5. Win32::Process::Create

6. newbie: Win32::Process::Create hangs

7. Win32::Process::Create Question on NT 4.0

8. Inheriting file descriptors across Win32::Process:Create

9. Error - Undefined subroutine &Win32::Process::Create

10. Creating a Win32::Process for a batch file and passing parameters to it problem

11. Can I redirect STDERR with Win32::Process::Create ?

12. redirection problem w/ Win32::Process::Create