Apache::DB under Win32
Author Message
 Apache::DB under Win32

Apache 1.3.12 installed as Win32 bundle from Theory5... onto Win2K
server, mod_perl works perfectly, have Apache::ASP etc. working.
Download latest Apache::DB from CPAN and after applying recommended
workaround with #ifndef WIN32 around SIGINT call I then do an nmake and
get two unresolved references to _Perl_rsignal_state and
_Perl_whichsig. (Visual Studio 6 SP3 installed, btw)

What am I stupidly doing wrong?.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Apache::DB under Win32

Quote:

> Apache 1.3.12 installed as Win32 bundle from Theory5... onto Win2K
> server, mod_perl works perfectly, have Apache::ASP etc. working.
> Download latest Apache::DB from CPAN and after applying recommended
> workaround with #ifndef WIN32 around SIGINT call I then do an nmake and
> get two unresolved references to _Perl_rsignal_state and
> _Perl_whichsig. (Visual Studio 6 SP3 installed, btw)
> What am I stupidly doing wrong?.

It's actually something that has come up before with mod_perl
itself ... Perl_rsignal_state() and Perl_whichsig() were taken
out of the public API of Perl 5.6 in perl56.lib
(they were there in perl 5.005_03). What would probably be
best is to contact the module author to see if there's
a fix for this (there was for mod_perl). A less desirable
option is to recompile Perl-5.6 with these functions included
in perl56.lib - in embed.pl, in the perl source tree, add an
"A" to the relevant flags, run 'perl embed.pl', and recompile.

best regards,
randy kobes

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Apache::DB under Win32

Quote:

> > Apache 1.3.12 installed as Win32 bundle from Theory5... onto Win2K
> > server, mod_perl works perfectly, have Apache::ASP etc. working.
> > Download latest Apache::DB from CPAN and after applying recommended
> > workaround with #ifndef WIN32 around SIGINT call I then do an nmake
and
> > get two unresolved references to _Perl_rsignal_state and
> > _Perl_whichsig. (Visual Studio 6 SP3 installed, btw)

> > What am I stupidly doing wrong?.

Thanks for your help. I found out from Doug MacEachern that I should
comment out these calls and this fixes the build. I then found that
there's a problem with ReadKey.pm (used by this module) with the
GetTerminalSize routine. This fails under my Win2K box. I munged this
routine to return a fixed array (80,25,0,0) which is the nominal size
of the console screen in columns and lines (the 0,0 pair is the pixel
size, for which 0 is an acceptable return value).

This horrible hack got Apache::DB up and running, though I cringe at
the brutality of it. I've told the module author of my problem so
perhaps a more elegant fix might be forthcoming. At any event, it
works, as far as I can see. Thanks once again.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:20:30 GMT

1. mod_perl, Apache::DB, and ptkdb: found problem

2. Using Apache::Session with a local DB

3. Berkley DB files manipulation by Perl on Apache Server

4. Connecting to MS Access DB on NT from Linux/Apache

5. Berkely DB Files - Apache, Perl and Linux

6. berkeley db on Win32 / DB_File

7. Win32::ODBC insert datetime data into Access DB

8. Can't open Access DB with Perl/WIN32/NT/2000

9. Berkley DB on Win32

10. Berkeley DB on Win32?

11. Berkeley DB for Win32, where, how, etc?

12. Win32::ODBC $db->close()