DBD/DBI/whatever accessing remote MS SQL-server
Author Message
 DBD/DBI/whatever accessing remote MS SQL-server

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to access a remote MS SQL-server database on
an NT-server from within a Perl-script running on a Unix system.

I have been looking through the DBI/DBD and all that but not found any
specific information on that.

Has anyone done this, have any clues etc to share I'd be most gratefull.

/Best Regards

--
Bj?rn-?ke Segrell / Pegit AB

Phone:+46-(0)8-56030220, Fax:+46-(0)8-56034353

Sun, 07 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DBD/DBI/whatever accessing remote MS SQL-server
: I'm looking for a way to access a remote MS SQL-server database on
: an NT-server from within a Perl-script running on a Unix system.
: I have been looking through the DBI/DBD and all that but not found any
: specific information on that.
: Has anyone done this, have any clues etc to share I'd be most gratefull.

        Take a look at DBD::ODBC, DBD::Sybase (Yes, the Sybase module),
        and/or maybe sybperl.

--

BSD:  A psychoactive drug, popular in the 80s, probably developed at UC
Berkeley or thereabouts.  Similar in many ways to the prescription-only

Sun, 07 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. DBD/DBI/whatever accessing remote MS SQL-server

2. DBI, DBD:ODBC error with MS SQL Server 6.5

3. Accessing MS SQL Server 7.0 via DBI

4. Connecting to a remote MS SQL server

5. Remote MS SQL server connection problem - HELP! (please)

6. DBD:Sysbase and MS-SQL Server v7.0

7. DBD::ODBC from 64bit Dec Alpha to MS SQL Server

8. DBD::ODBC and MS SQL server

9. ODBC perl module to access MS-SQL Server?

10. Perl to access MS SQL on NT from Unix web server

11. Module for MS SQL Server Access

12. Accessing MS SQL Server from UNIX Perl...