Perl DBI script and user: nobody
Author Message
 Perl DBI script and user: nobody

Trying to run some Perl DBI code as a CGI script, and it
does everything non-DBI just fine.  However, the DBI code
is seemingly ignored.

I run the same script from the telnet command line, and the
DBI code inserts into a mySQL table just fine.

I immediately thought this was a user issue, so I added user
rights (mySQL) for user:  nobody  for Insert, Update, and Select.

Still no go.  No errors are thrown, and trace reveals nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?

Joe Halbrook
BJC HealthCare, Inc.

Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:10:18 GMT
 Perl DBI script and user: nobody

 | Trying to run some Perl DBI code as a CGI script, and it
 | does everything non-DBI just fine.  However, the DBI code
 | is seemingly ignored.
 |
 | I run the same script from the telnet command line, and the
 | DBI code inserts into a mySQL table just fine.
 |
 | I immediately thought this was a user issue, so I added user
 | rights (mySQL) for user:  nobody  for Insert, Update, and Select.
 |
 | Still no go.  No errors are thrown, and trace reveals nothing.
 |
 | Anyone have any ideas?

if you installed these modules yourself, you may need to get the admin
to add them to the group that permits them to run from a web perspective
(or if you have access to that group simply do a chgrp on them. :)

--
send mail to mactech (at) webdragon (dot) net instead of the above address.
this is to prevent spamming. e-mail reply-to's have been altered

Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:58:33 GMT

1. perl/cgi create user using user nobody (webserver)

2. tarring a subdir as user nobody from perl

3. Changing user from nobody to username

4. user "nobody"?

5. Please help -running lynx as user nobody

6. "Nobody" running CGI scripts

7. Perl Scripts from within Perl Scripts called via DBI

8. Changing the UID of a PERL CGI script from nobody to a specific user?

9. perl/cgi/netscape nobody privalages

10. DBI user documentation?

11. perl dbi / dbd::odbc script causes perl to crash w/ access violation:

12. Perl script with sudo for user signup