Using another dbm with MLDBM.pm
Author Message
 Using another dbm with MLDBM.pm

This is from MLDBM man page ....

 WARNINGS
      1.  Many DBM implementations have arbitrary limits on the size of
          records that can be stored.  For example, SDBM and many ODBM
or
          NDBM implementations have a default limit of 1024 bytes for
the
          size of a record.  MLDBM can easily exceed these limits when
          storing large data structures, leading to mysterious failures.
          Although SDBM_File is used by MLDBM by default, it is not a
good
          choice if you're storing large data structures.  Berkeley DB
and
          GDBM both do not have these limits, so I recommend using
either            of those instead.

My question is how to use another dbm than the default SDBM ?

Thanks,
Naiden

Wed, 11 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Using another dbm with MLDBM.pm
I think having    use MLDBM 'DB_File';    uses Berkley DB. I hope so,
because that is what I use!

Quote:

> This is from MLDBM man page ....

>  WARNINGS
>       1.  Many DBM implementations have arbitrary limits on the size
of
>           records that can be stored.  For example, SDBM and many ODBM
> or
>           NDBM implementations have a default limit of 1024 bytes for
> the
>           size of a record.  MLDBM can easily exceed these limits when
>           storing large data structures, leading to mysterious
failures.
>           Although SDBM_File is used by MLDBM by default, it is not a
> good
>           choice if you're storing large data structures.  Berkeley DB
> and
>           GDBM both do not have these limits, so I recommend using
> either               of those instead.

> My question is how to use another dbm than the default SDBM ?

> Thanks,
> Naiden

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Thu, 12 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Using another dbm with MLDBM.pm

Quote:

> My question is how to use another dbm than the default SDBM ?

If you have a recent version of that module, the manpage should make that
clear. Doesn't it? But, just in case, look for "UseDB" in the manpage or
here:

    http://search.cpan.org/doc/GSAR/MLDBM-2.00/lib/MLDBM.pm

Hope this helps!

Thu, 12 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. looking for examples of Dumper.pm and/or MLDBM.pm

2. DBM / MLDBM, References, and Subroutines, Oh My!

3. dbm problem (w/MLDBM)

4. MLDBM.pm read error

5. Problem with MLDBM.pm

6. MLDBM.pm help needed