difference of 2 files
Author Message
 difference of 2 files

How to find differnces in two files, I need if the records are not
unique. Is there a option to ignore a few fields and compare the records
in two files, and get the difference.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 difference of 2 files
How to find differnces in two files, I need if the records are not
unique. Is there a option to ignore a few fields and compare the records
in two files, and get the difference.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 difference of 2 files
On Thu, 06 Jan 2000 19:58:25 GMT,

Quote:
> How to find differnces in two files, I need if the records are not
> unique. Is there a option to ignore a few fields and compare the records
> in two files, and get the difference.

Your specification is not complete. You will need to be much more
precise than that.

The use of the words 'records' and 'fields' tells me that you probably
want to read in the lines from the files into arrays, and then use one
of the FAQs in FAQ part 4:

# perldoc perlfaq4
        How do I compute the difference of two arrays?  How do I
        compute the intersection of two arrays?

To read in the lines:

# perldoc -f open
# perldoc -f split
# perldoc -f close

And read some of the posts in this group.

When you have tried something and get stuck, please come back, show us
what you tried, and we'll help you.

Martien
--
Martien Verbruggen              |
Interactive Media Division      | Little girls, like butterflies, need

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. difference of two files?

2. SUMMARY: difference of two files

3. check difference of two files

4. differences in DB_File files accross systems

5. Differences in the file size reported by Net::FTP->size and ls -l

6. Perl Module or Script for difference of two files

7. difference between require $file and require Module

8. Differences between two files?

9. A widget that shows differences in 2 files

10. Use perl to find the differences between two text files

11. Archive::Tar, difference in size of output file

12. Determining differences in binary (executable) files