ANNOUNCE: (DBD::)XBase version 0.03
Author Message
 ANNOUNCE: (DBD::)XBase version 0.03

Hello,

The URL

    http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~adelton/perl/DBD-XBase-0.03.tar.gz

has been added to PAUSE as

  file: $CPAN/authors/id/JANPAZ/DBD-XBase-0.03.tar.gz
  size: 17208 bytes
   md5: 13b362d5f63dab890cd78987a64b9ebf

This module allows reading and writing .dbf and .dbt files. At present
time the generic interface should work, giving methods like
get_record, get_record_as_hash, set_record, update_record_hash. The
record is always accessed using record number (0 .. last_record).

Man page and README are included.

The interface of XBase works for me but if there is a need, it can
change/develop futher. Please let me know. The DBD::XBase is not
ready yet. If you find any bugs, let me know and I'll try to fix
them.

Relation to Xbase-1.07: I have been using this module by Pratap
Pereira for reading .dbf files for quite a time and started to make
patches for errors I've found. I wanted other people to have chance to
make use of them. But the author doesn't seem to support the module
anymore, so I decided to write my own module. It doesn't use any code
from Xbase-1.07, is (tries to be) use strict clean and current
advantage is that it also writes .dbf and .dbt. The methods however
are not compatible with Xbase-1.07. Since the module names differ you
can use both modules for some time if you decide to convert to this.

Hope it'll be of some use for you.

                   I can take or leave it if I please

Tue, 18 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: DBD::XBase version 0.065

2. ANNOUNCE: Version 0.03 of Neural module for Perl5

3. ANNOUNCE: Math::Polynomial Version 0.03

4. ANNOUNCE: XBase/DBD::XBase 0.120 uploaded to CPAN

5. ANNOUNCEMENT: NEW VERSION: HTML::Template 0.03

6. ANNOUNCE: DBD::XBase 0.058 uploaded to CPAN

7. ANNOUNCE: DBD::XBase 0.039

8. ANNOUNCE: DBD::XBase 0.024

9. ANNOUNCE: DBD::XBase 0.155 -- has some SQL functions

10. ANNOUNCE: DBD::XBase 0.132 with basic indexes

11. ANNOUNCE: DBD::XBase 0.130

12. DBD::Sybase 0.03 alpha on CPAN