/etc/passwd user authentication?
Author Message
 /etc/passwd user authentication?

Does anybody know of a module that allows you to access /etc/passwd or
/etc/shadow?   I've tried AcctInfo.pm, but with little success.  Any
suggestions would be appreciated...
--
____________________________

Chip Castle
http://www.*-*-*.com/

____________________________

Thu, 21 Sep 2000 04:00:00 GMT
 /etc/passwd user authentication?

Quote:

> Does anybody know of a module that allows you to access /etc/passwd or
> /etc/shadow?   I've tried AcctInfo.pm, but with little success.  Any
> suggestions would be appreciated...
> --
> ____________________________

> Chip Castle
> http://www.chipcastle.com

> ____________________________

At www.perl.com, under Security, there is Shadow.

Also, under Security you will see something I wrote called WebPass.

It requires TCL/Expect, but I am working on a version which works with
Perl only, using the Expect.pm and 5.004 only...

Sneex :-)

Thu, 21 Sep 2000 04:00:00 GMT

1. help Howto ad a linux user using /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow

2. Help on terminating user /etc/passwd

3. Help with /etc/passwd (how can I switch users in perl)

4. How do i create new users(/etc/passwd) via a form

5. want to verify users thru /etc/passwd file (shadowed) w/ CGI

6. User Authentication and ?USER=XXX?PASS=???

7. Authentication scripts etc

8. Unix authentication with an /etc/shadow file

9. locking /etc/passwd

10. Perl Interface to /etc/passwd

11. Perl Interface to /etc/passwd

12. checking a password with /etc/passwd