Apache::MP3 and Mandrake 9.0 vanilla: any issues
Author Message
 Apache::MP3 and Mandrake 9.0 vanilla: any issues

All,
I've tried to set up Apache::MP3 from CPAN and from the tar files. It's
not working. Audio::Wav and Ogg::Vorbis also fail to make or install.

I'm only trying to stream my own MP3 files on a home LAN server. This
worked without flaw in Red Hat 7.1. I was hoping to resume on Mandrake
(a seemingly much better variant of Linux.) Have you heard anything
about the Mandrake distro's that would slow things?

Here is the server sig: Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/1.3.26 (Mandrake
Linux/6mdk) sxnet/1.2.4 mod_ssl/2.8.10

The conf files are edited as they should be. Server starts without
error. All I get are 404 and forbidden errors instead of the playlist,
sorted, or individual file streams. The .m3u extension is only rendered
as "file not found." It's almost as if mod_perl doesn't see MP3. Yet,
there is a separate httpd-perl daemon that also runs with my document
server.

My /Songs directory is a sym link to a mounted vfat windows directory
(like /mnt/wind_f, and so forth.) But that shouldn't matter, I think.

Thank you for any hints you might have.

Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:08:17 GMT

1. MP3 server with Apache::MP3 and Xmms::Remote

2. Problem with Apache::MP3 (Apache::RequestRec::new) and Win2000

3. Apache::MP3

4. Apache::MP3

5. Apache::MP3 and htaccess problem

6. problem installing apache::mp3

7. Apache::MP3 song limit?

8. Problem in Apache::MP3 on Windows 2000 platform

9. Apache::MP3::Playlist problem

10. New Module: Apache::MP3::RemoteControl (addendum)

11. New Module: Apache::MP3::RemoteControl

12. Patch to Apache::MP3 to allow thumbnails...