HPUX: Extensions built with aCC (C++)
Author Message
 HPUX: Extensions built with aCC (C++)

Hello,

I wonder if it is possible to build on HPUX a Perl extension based on
shared libraries that have been built with the C++ compiler, aCC.

I *did* this thing working by linking the perl executable with aCC (a
complete build doesn't work), i.e. by doing "make; rm perl; make perl
CC=acc" in the Perl source tree. In addition, I had to initialize some
C++ stuff by explicitely forcing _main() to be called after the shared
library is loaded.

However, just linking Perl with aCC isn't very elegant, and it probably
will cause trouble when our customer happens to install a new version of
Perl without linking with aCC. So if anyone has a tip, please tell me.

btw: I've tried to link the shared library against libCsup, since this
contains the symbols that are missing when using a Perl linked with cc,
but it didn't help.

Bye,
        Kili

--

         Matthias Kilian                  phone: +49-531-24330-0
         Fallersleber-Tor-Wall 23         fax: +49-531-24330-99

Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. HPUX perl extensions built with aCC

2. Building DBI on HP-UX 11 with aCC

3. Building Extension for Activestate Win32 build

4. Q: Dynamic loading w/C++ on hpux

5. Perl extension modules using C++

6. extension with Visual C++ 5.0

7. Perl extensions and C++

8. example C++ extension code with classes?

9. C++ extensions for perl5?

10. C++ extension using superclass

11. in C++, multiple interpreterts w/ extension

12. Can Perl extension on UNIX be C++ ?