does it exist?
Author Message
 does it exist?

Is there a module for interacting with the registry of another machine? Is
this only supported through the importing of the API from within NT?

Any information is much appreicated.
Thanks, --
Todd Hayward
Global Analyst, Systems Engineer
MCSE, Compaq ACT
noc at bakernet dot com

Sat, 25 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 does it exist?
Win32 Perl Programming
Dave Roth
Macmillan
1-57870-067-1

--
Ron Savage

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~rpsavage

Quote:

>Is there a module for interacting with the registry of another machine? Is
>this only supported through the importing of the API from within NT?

>Any information is much appreicated.
>Thanks, --
>Todd Hayward
>Global Analyst, Systems Engineer
>MCSE, Compaq ACT
>noc at bakernet dot com

Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 does it exist?
) Is there a module for interacting with the registry of another machine?

Yes, if the other machine is Win95/WinNT/Win98.  I'd suggest
Win32::TieRegistry, Win32API::Registry, or Win32::Registry, in
that order.  All are part of libwin32.

) Is this only supported through the importing of the API from within NT?

You mean you want to do it from a Unix machine, for example?
I've heard of Registry implementations for Unix as part of
porting COM (Common Object Model) to it, but I haven't seen
one so I don't know if they include remote access.  If so,
then you could possibly compile Win32API::Registry and then
you'd be able to use Win32::TieRegistry from there.

I have no idea where you'd go to get COM for Unix (or whatever
OS you want to do it from).  I'm not even sure that is what you
are asking for.  Try to be less vague next time.
--
Tye McQueen    Nothing is obvious unless you are overlooking something
         http://www.metronet.com/~tye/ (scripts, links, nothing fancy)

Mon, 27 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Perl news *server* - has it been done?

2. Class::Contract - what am I doing wrong?

3. What is which doing

4. Doing a 'chroot' from Perl

5. Doing a Reload with libwww ?

6. Can't open SDBM file doing CGI

7. Is there an easier way of doing this?

8. LWP: doing a HEAD on FTP files

9. Printing Reports with Perl - Can it Be Done?

10. Web page greeking tool - has anyone done this?

11. Doing relative pathnames

12. Nested Associative Arrays, Can they be done?