How to unzip .gz files
Author Message
 How to unzip .gz files

Hello everybody!

Can somebody please explain me how I can
unzip .gz  files from within my Perl5 script?

Thanks in advance

Guntram Leuprecht

Sat, 28 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to unzip .gz files

Quote:

> Hello everybody!

> Can somebody please explain me how I can
> unzip .gz  files from within my Perl5 script?

> Thanks in advance

> Guntram Leuprecht

   on unix I use backticks:

   `gzip -d xxx.gz`;

  for win32 with mks:

  system ("mkszip -d xxx.gz");

Sat, 28 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to unzip .gz files

Quote:

> Can somebody please explain me how I can
> unzip .gz  files from within my Perl5 script?

If there's a module which does what you want, it should be listed in
the module list on CPAN. If you don't find one to your liking, you're
welcome and encouraged to submit one! :-)  Hope this helps!

    http://www.perl.org/CPAN/
    http://www.perl.com/CPAN/

Sat, 28 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to unzip .gz files
Consider also the GNU utilities for DOS (aka Windows) available from Cgywin.
Look for user.exe, 3,135,786 bytes.

--
Ron Savage

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~rpsavage

Quote:

>> Can somebody please explain me how I can
>> unzip .gz  files from within my Perl5 script?

>If there's a module which does what you want, it should be listed in
>the module list on CPAN. If you don't find one to your liking, you're
>welcome and encouraged to submit one! :-)  Hope this helps!

>    http://www.perl.org/CPAN/
>    http://www.perl.com/CPAN/

>--
>Tom Phoenix       Perl Training and Hacking       Esperanto
>Randal Schwartz Case:     http://www.rahul.net/jeffrey/ovs/

Sun, 29 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to unzip .gz files
[posted & mailed]

: Can somebody please explain me how I can
: unzip .gz  files from within my Perl5 script?

        Install the Compress::Zlib module from your local CPAN.

--

BSD:  A psychoactive drug, popular in the 80s, probably developed at UC
Berkeley or thereabouts.  Similar in many ways to the prescription-only

Mon, 30 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to unzip .gz files

Quote:

>> Hello everybody!

>> Can somebody please explain me how I can
>> unzip .gz  files from within my Perl5 script?

>> Thanks in advance

>> Guntram Leuprecht

$file=`gunzip <$filename`;

Bye,CHristian.

Sun, 06 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. tar, z, gz unzip,Win95

2. Unzip perl-5_6_0_tar.gz

3. how to unzip a file with perl?

4. How to use unzip files to current directory

5. unzipping a password protected zip file.... help

6. Unzipping Files for WebTV

7. Archive-Zip-0.09 - Corrupt unzipped files on Win32

8. Perl code to unzip gzipped and pkzipped files ?

9. open a gzipped file( a.gz) with out uncompressing it

10. How to serialize a perl object in a .gz file

11. OPEN file inside a compress gz

12. .gz File Downloaded using Net::FTP corrupt