cgi-perl email script?
Author Message
 cgi-perl email script?

I require a module or a script to send an html
form by email. Both, the From and To fields must
come from the html form itself. Is there a script
or a module for this ?

TIA
David

Sat, 25 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 cgi-perl email script?

Quote:
>I require a module or a script to send an html
>form by email. Both, the From and To fields must
>come from the html form itself. Is there a script
>or a module for this ?

If you're on unix you could use the mail command (with great care :) ). On
windows someone I know uses something called "blat".

However I personally would look at things like Net::SMTP and Mail::Address
(something like that).

I generally prefer a bit more control, but the email address parsing thing
in the Mail module takes a lot of pain away, leaving the "real stuff" to
do.

If you are really desperate I could send you my ugly script- I'm more the
cut n paste engineer trying to be a programmer sort..

Cheerio!

Link.

****************************

*******************************

Sun, 26 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 cgi-perl email script?

Quote:

> I require a module or a script to send an html
> form by email. Both, the From and To fields must
> come from the html form itself. Is there a script
> or a module for this ?

> TIA
> David

Since you're on Windows, from your headers:

perlwin32faq4
perlwin32faq7

Next time read the FAQs first.

Cameron

--
Cameron Dorey
Associate Professor of Chemistry

Sun, 26 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 cgi-perl email script?
http://www.lies.com/begperl/form_to_email.html
This has details of running a form to email CGI script with Perl. You will
need sendmail for this to work.

TTFN

--

www.willowdigital.co.uk - Web design

Mon, 27 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Perl/CGI script to validate email addresses

2. Perl CGI Script EMails nothing

3. Need a email perl/cgi script

4. Emailing something from a perl CGI script

5. how can I make my perl cgi script email to a newsgroup

6. Need CGI script to get email after user fills web form

7. cgi script to send to URL and via email

8. Emailing something from a cgi script

9. Attaching a file to an email with a cgi script

10. CGI script results to email?

11. CGI script for formatting Email

12. Send email with attatchment using CGI script?