Problems running Makefile.PL on Linux
Author Message
 Problems running Makefile.PL on Linux

Linux: Slackware 3.0 (Linux 1.2.13) including option for Perl5.001
Perl extensions: MsqlPerl (current) and DBI (current)

I have recently downloaded and attempted to install some perl
extensions. Specifically, MsqlPerl and DBI. The Makefile.PL step of
these installations fails with an error message indicating that it can't
locate the Perl5 libraries or source code.

The documentation for these extensions indicateds that Perl source is no
longer required beginning with Perl5.001. This suggests that Makefile.PL
isn't able to locate my Perl5 libraries. They are where the Slackware
3.0 install utility places them, specifically, in /usr/lib.

I'm beginning to suspect that Makefile.PL (MakeMaker.pl) expects them to
be in /usr/local/lib and doesn't see them when their in /usr/lib.

Since Linux and Perl are very popular, this should be a common problem.
Can anyone help me get around it?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Thu, 10 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Makefile corrupted after running perl Makefile.PL.

2. 'FIXIN' in Makefile.PL generated Makefile

3. Problem with Makefile.PL - Please help

4. perl Makefile.PL problems

5. Problem with Makefile.PL installung MsqlPerl and DBI.

6. perl Makefile.PL problem

7. MakeMaker Makefile.PL problem from module distributor

8. problem with perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/path/to/lib

9. Assorted Makefile.PL problems

10. perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=~/blah problem...

11. Problem with Makefile.PL - Please help

12. Let's try again: Makefile.PL problems