Need timed routine to format shtml pages from cgi on server to htm content
Author Message
 Need timed routine to format shtml pages from cgi on server to htm content

Hi There

Currently I am running some perl scripts that pull data back from another
webpage ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;  &
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ) and then using
SSI's this data is then pulled back into a shtml page
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;and like wise for forecasts I
am using a similar script and configuration (
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ) and then with
an SSI formatting it as
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;- trouble is
this is heavy on the server and thus very slow - what I would like to do is
run a routine to call the cgi files on a timed basis (twice a day) and then
run the shtml with the ssi and then the resultant data into a htm page which
would download much faster, see http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,
hopefully that makes sense...

I'm quite new to perl / scripts etc - and not too sure about running timed
routines, if it's at all possible...

Many thanks in advance

Sat, 27 Aug 2005 18:29:25 GMT
 Need timed routine to format shtml pages from cgi on server to htm content

Quote:

> I'm quite new to perl / scripts etc - and not too sure about running
> timed routines, if it's at all possible...

You want to let the computer automatically run a script every now and
then, don't you?

If you're running Linux, have a look at 'man cron'.  If you're running
Win32, there sure must be - uhm - other ways. :)

--

Sat, 27 Aug 2005 22:20:56 GMT

1. Need a good Time sub routine

2. Date conversion from server logs to time() format

3. Include file with perl scripting into an shtml page

4. Extract server push routines from CGI.pm

5. How do I display an .htm page

6. Convert military time to unix time routine

7. Including Perlscripts in SHTML (Server Side Includes)

8. including perl scripts in Server Side Includes (SHTML)

9. Need, not Needed: Perl/CGI Programmer with knowledge of Windows NT 4.0/Index Server

10. Need help with a perl/cgi routine.

11. CGI.pm Date/Time Format

12. Prevent web page time out during CGI execution?