DBD::ODBC from 64bit Dec Alpha to MS SQL Server
Author Message
 DBD::ODBC from 64bit Dec Alpha to MS SQL Server

I have been attempting to add an ODBC interface to Perl on a DEC Alpha Unix
(OSF/1) platform.

I have a driver manager (from Openlink) that works and the driver itself has
been proven to talk happily
with MS SQL Server.

My problem is that the ODBC DBD (Version 0.20) doesn't appear to support the
64 bit platform.  Maybe I have
misunderstood but I have tracked my problem down to the 'dbdimp.c' file.
There is a section of code within
the 'dbd_st_fetch' function that test 'fbh->datalen < 0' to see if we are
getting truncation and it does fall into
this error trapping code.  There is a comment that reads:

/* truncated LONG ??? DBIcf_LongTruncOk() */
/* DBIcfLongTruncOk this should only apply to LONG type fields */
/* truncation of other fields should always be an error since it's */
/* a sign of an internal error */

Doesn't sound too clever does it?  Just out of interest there is a line of
debug that outputs 'fbh->datalen' earlier
in the code but uses a printf type of '%d' instead of '%ld'.  With it's
standard %d we get 3 but with the proper '%ld'
(since it's actually a long) gives a very large negative number hence the
test succeeding in the truncation error trap
code.

I did try forcing the test to fail so that we did not get error trapped and
I got a core dump instead.  The next thing I
plan to try is manually truncating the long so that it has a proper value of
3.   My main concern though is that there
may be many other variables that will trip the system up with similar
problems.

Has anybody tried anything like this?  Any ideas anybody?

Mon, 28 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. DBI, DBD:ODBC error with MS SQL Server 6.5

2. DBD::ODBC and MS SQL server

3. DBD::ODBC and MS SQL

4. DBD::ODBC::db prepare failed: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'tblClient'. (SQL-S0002)

5. ODBC perl module to access MS-SQL Server?

6. NT Perl ODBC module to MS SQL Server

7. MS Access, Linux, DBI, DBD::ODBC, Easysoft's ODBC-ODBC Bridge

8. DBD/DBI/whatever accessing remote MS SQL-server

9. DBD:Sysbase and MS-SQL Server v7.0

10. DBD/DBI/whatever accessing remote MS SQL-server

11. SQL Server - DBD::ODBC - sp_setapprole - PerlEx

12. Unix web server to MS Access on NT using DBD::ODBC