Base64 encoding problems on win32
Author Message
 Base64 encoding problems on win32

Greetings,

I'm trying to encode a binary file on a win32 machine.  Using the
sample code that is included with mime:base64 this should work.
However, after it reads the first chunk of the file and encodes it, it
stops.

I know when I reversed the process, I had to use binmode to tell my
decoder to output a binary file.  I'm sure there's something very
basic that I'm missing here.

use MIME::Base64 qw(encode_base64);

$myfile="c:\\temp\\testfile.zip";

open(FILE, $myfile) or die "$!";

          while (read(FILE, $buf, 60*57)) {
               print encode_base64($buf);
          }

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
--James

Wed, 18 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Base64 encoding problems on win32

2. Base64 encoding problem...

3. MIME::Base64 - Encoding problem

4. Problems with base64 encoding/decoding

5. MIME (base64) encoding script, help?

6. A simple program to decode BASE64-encoded messages?

7. Q: What is Base64 encoding???

8. Convert Emails with BASE64 encoded attatchments

9. Base64 Encoding and Decoding an image

10. base64 encoding

11. Novell Web Server, PERL, and base64 encoding

12. How to base64 encode a file