Load a DLL into perl
Author Message
 Load a DLL into perl

Can anyone point me to a way to load a DLL into (Win32) perl? I'm
looking for some documentation on how to extend it but I can't find any
(even in the Perl book). The Perl book talks about DynaLoader, but how
do I add new functions to perl?

Tue, 13 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Load a DLL into perl

Quote:

>Can anyone point me to a way to load a DLL into (Win32) perl? I'm
>looking for some documentation on how to extend it but I can't find any
>(even in the Perl book). The Perl book talks about DynaLoader, but how
>do I add new functions to perl?

<gratuitous plug>My book covers Win32 extension building as well
as linking non perl related DLLs by means of Aldo's awesome
Win32::API extension.</gratuitous plug>
Win32::API allows you to load up any DLL and execute functions from it.
dave
Dave Roth                                ...glittering prizes and
Roth Consulting                      endless compromises, shatter
<rothd at roth dot net>                 the illusion of integrity
http://www.roth.net
Win32, Perl, C++, ODBC, Training

Our latest Perl book is now available:
"Win32 Perl Programming: The Standard Extensions"
http://www.roth.net/books/extensions/

Wed, 14 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Load a DLL into perl

Quote:

> <gratuitous plug>My book covers Win32 extension building as well
> as linking non perl related DLLs by means of Aldo's awesome
> Win32::API extension.</gratuitous plug>
> Win32::API allows you to load up any DLL and execute functions from it.

OK. I just bought this book. Thanks.

Fri, 16 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. XS DLL name clashes with DLL that needs to load (Win32)

2. Unable to load ISAPI dll perlis.dll

3. PerlMagick with ActivePerl (perlis.dll) on NT4 / IIS4 wont load Magick.dll for Dynaloader.pm

4. Help,perl will not load Advapi32.dll on NT

6. DBD::mysql not loading mysql.dll

7. install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load...Oracle.dll

8. DBD::Oracle : Oracle.dll load error

9. Can't load ApacheModulePerl.dll

11. Could not load ADVAPI32.Dll

12. Lusr install Q: Process.dll won't load