request for discussion
Author Message
 request for discussion

Hello:

I have written a module for removing the pesky "^M" character that is
generated by many Win32 text editors. I have named the module "unPC.pm".
A sample implemenation of the module is available at:
" http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;. The code for the module
itself (including POD) is available at:
" http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;.

As this is my first module, I would like to know:

-Does this capability already exist?
-Is the name I have chosen for this module appropriate?
-Is the interface to the module appropriate?

Other comments are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Philip

Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 request for discussion

Hello:

inappropriately configured.

Regards,

Philip

Quote:

> Hello:

> I have written a module for removing the pesky "^M" character that is
> generated by many Win32 text editors. I have named the module
> "unPC.pm".
> A sample implemenation of the module is available at:
> "http://nervepinch.com/perl/unPC/test_unPC.txt". The code for the
> module
> itself (including POD) is available at:
> "http://nervepinch.com/perl/unPC/unPC.pm".

> As this is my first module, I would like to know:

> -Does this capability already exist?
> -Is the name I have chosen for this module appropriate?
> -Is the interface to the module appropriate?

> Other comments are greatly appreciated.

> Regards,

> Philip

Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 request for discussion

]
] -Does this capability already exist?
] -Is the name I have chosen for this module appropriate?
] -Is the interface to the module appropriate?
]
] Other comments are greatly appreciated.

Hmm.  It hasn't ever occurred to me to make it a module, but I have a
little chunk of perl code that converts text on demand between Unix, DOS,
and Mac line-end conventions.

Should I perhaps look into making this into a module?  Something under
Text::, I should think?  It's such a simple piece of code it hardly seems
worth it.

--
If more government is the answer, it must have been a really stupid question.
  phil stracchino  ----  terminal cynical boy  ----  mystic zen biker geek

Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Request for discussion: Net::TcpTest

2. request for discussion - new module Date::Axis

3. request for discussion on bulkmail

4. LWP Spider Discussion - Request Criticism

5. REQUEST discussion on module SuperSplit

6. request discussion for astro::sunrise module

7. HTTP::Request not requesting

8. taking on off-topic bootstrap discussions?

9. Discussion, HTML::Cal

10. Pluralizing module - Discussion of possible names

11. CGI vs. ASP - Discussion

12. (gurus help) chat and <> discussion