non-root installing modules?
Author Message
 non-root installing modules?

perl -CPAN -e 'install blah::somesuch'

the first time initialized some settings and
creates the "cache" directory ~/.cpan

at some point this prompts for PREFIX and such
but it is unclear how to set or make use of these
or what they control. how do i use these?

my interest is to install and use perl modules
as a user -- not root. i do not administer the
system on which i run perl and do not want to
bother the administrator with this every time
i need another module. don't tell me it's better
to do this as root - it ain't going to happen.

after setting these (PREFIX and such) and
installing modules how do i get perl to see/use
them since they won't be in any default or built
in path?

TIA

db

Mon, 17 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. installing modules to a non-root dir on webserver

2. non root module install on FreeBSD-3.2

3. installing module as non-root

4. problems with activePerl ppm install to non-root?

5. solution: installing Image::Magick to host as non-root user

6. still problems installing Image::Magick to non-root target

7. solution: installing Image::Magick to host as non-root user

8. AIX Non-Root Module Situation

9. Installing Perl modules w/o root?

10. installing a module without root access

11. installing CPAN modules without root access

12. Installing module not as root