can't run CGI scripts in Apache...help please
Author Message
 can't run CGI scripts in Apache...help please

Hi all...

I have Apache webserver running on SuSE linux 6.2 and it works just fine,
except
that it won't allow me to run CGI scripts through the browser, that is, if
in a SHTML
file i have the code:

<!--#exec cgi="http://myserver/myscript.cgi"-->

nothing happens. If i try to run the script directly from the browser (which
should
be possible with this script) by typing http://myserver/myscript.cgi in my
browser i get:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /myscript.cgi on this server.

I have the permisions set to 755 which should be OK i think. When i telnet
to my
server as root i can run the script just fine, no errors in the script.

How do i tell Apache to run scripts for me???

Sat, 06 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Please help re cgi script on FreeBSD running Apache

2. can't run CGI scripts...help please

3. Please Help:My script runs on win32, it won't run on Unix

4. Please Help: My script runs on win32, it won't run on Unix

5. Perl CGI scripts won't run without -w switch (under Apache 1.3.x)

6. symlink directory in apache perl .cgi script --- please help

7. Running MacPerl CGI script -- Please Help !

8. can't run a java App with my perl script using apache

9. Scripts run by Apache can't find Mods

10. Cannot run Perl CGI script with Apache Win32

11. Beginner: Getting a perl cgi script to run on Apache (WinNT)