Can't load ApacheModulePerl.dll
Author Message
 Can't load ApacheModulePerl.dll

I've tried on several occasions to load the binary of mod_perl on various
Windows machines (using NT4, but also 98) and each time the server can't
load the module on startup.  This time, I have ActivePerl build 506 ("
5.005_02 built for MSWin32-x86-object"), mod_perl 1.16 and Apache 1.3.3, and
I continue to get the message: "Cannot load
d:\SRV\APACHE/modules/ApacheModulePerl.dll into server".  What gives?

Please save me from IIS!

Fri, 20 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Can't load ApacheModulePerl.dll
Rafael C. Alvarado writes ..

Quote:
>I've tried on several occasions to load the binary of mod_perl on various
>Windows machines (using NT4, but also 98) and each time the server can't
>load the module on startup.  This time, I have ActivePerl build 506 ("
>5.005_02 built for MSWin32-x86-object"), mod_perl 1.16 and Apache 1.3.3, and
>I continue to get the message: "Cannot load
>d:\SRV\APACHE/modules/ApacheModulePerl.dll into server".  What gives?

I have also had problems with mod_perl

        WinNT 4.0 SP4 (Intel)
        Apache 1.3.3
        Perl 5.005_02

also tried on SP3 (before upgrade) .. and I tried using the ActiveState
506 distribution by renaming each included DLL in turn to Perl.dll ..
everything gave the same error

when I go to start the server (from the command line - as instructed) I
get an error window with

"The procedure entry point PL_stack_base could not be located in the
dynamic link library Perl.dll"

the one thing that I haven't done is built mod_perl myself .. I'm using
Jeffrey Baker's binary distribution which already has ApacheModulePerl.dll
built .. perhaps incorrectly ?

my Perl 5.005_02 is built using the following options

        # defined
        USE_THREADS
        USE_PERLCRT

        #undefined
        D_CRYPT
        PERL_MALLOC

anyone got any ideas ?

--
 jason - remove all hyphens for email reply -

Sat, 21 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Can't load ApacheModulePerl.dll
jason writes ..

Quote:
>my Perl 5.005_02 is built using the following options

>    # defined
>    USE_THREADS
>    USE_PERLCRT

>    #undefined
>    D_CRYPT
>    PERL_MALLOC

I just got a reply from Jeffrey Baker (very speedy too) saying that he
built the mod_perl against a no-thread no-object perl 5.005_02 .. which I
clearly did not do .. he advised to build mod_perl myself .. which I'm off
to do now - in a threaded build *8^)

in case it helps

--
 jason - remove all hyphens for email reply -

Sat, 21 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ApacheModulePerl.dll

2. XS DLL name clashes with DLL that needs to load (Win32)

3. Unable to load ISAPI dll perlis.dll

4. PerlMagick with ActivePerl (perlis.dll) on NT4 / IIS4 wont load Magick.dll for Dynaloader.pm

5. install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load...Oracle.dll

6. Lusr install Q: Process.dll won't load

8. DBD::mysql not loading mysql.dll

9. DBD::Oracle : Oracle.dll load error

10. Module loading error: Apache can't load Apache::Server

11. Load a DLL into perl