Image::Magick making images from layers
Author Message
 Image::Magick making images from layers
I want to know if this can be done with Image::Magick-
Start with two images, one with transparency, either GIF or PNG or whatever. The other doesn't need to have transparency.
Then I want to create a new image by layering the the partly transparent one over the other and then display
this result on the web. It seems simple enough, but I couldn't find out any details on how to do something like
this in the (largely nonexistent) documentation. Any info would be appreciated, especially if you've done something
like this before. Thanks,
Chris

Tue, 05 Oct 2004 14:48:53 GMT
 Image::Magick making images from layers
It can be done with Image::Magick. It can also be done with GD. Take
your pick. If you're a newbie use GD. Seems a bit simpler to me... Image
Magick offers a great deal more functionality. You can also do quite a
bit shell scripting with mogrify. I prefer using perl...
Quote:

> I want to know if this can be done with Image::Magick-
> Start with two images, one with transparency, either GIF or PNG or whatever. The other doesn't need to have transparency.
> Then I want to create a new image by layering the the partly transparent one over the other and then display
> this result on the web. It seems simple enough, but I couldn't find out any details on how to do something like
> this in the (largely nonexistent) documentation. Any info would be appreciated, especially if you've done something
> like this before. Thanks,
> Chris

Tue, 05 Oct 2004 16:34:41 GMT
 Image::Magick making images from layers

Quote:

> I want to know if this can be done with Image::Magick-
> Start with two images, one with transparency, either GIF or PNG or whatever. The other doesn't need to have transparency.
> Then I want to create a new image by layering the the partly transparent one over the other and then display
> this result on the web. It seems simple enough, but I couldn't find out any details on how to do something like
> this in the (largely nonexistent) documentation. Any info would be appreciated, especially if you've done something
> like this before. Thanks,
> Chris

Documentation (work in progress) is at http://imagemagick.sf.net/docs

Look up "Composite" in the "Perl API Methods" chapter.

If your images both have the same dimensions you could
also use the "Coalesce" method or "Flatten" methods.

Glenn

Tue, 05 Oct 2004 19:02:19 GMT

1. AS Perl 629 Image::Magick makes Perl crash when outputting image to file

2. Image Magick finding image size without loading image

3. Converting images without Image::Magick

4. Image::Magick: find the last image read

5. Merging and splitting of images with Image::Magick

6. convert jpg-images to tiff format with image-magick on winnt

7. Image Magick and returning images to a web page

8. Image::Magick: find the last image read

9. ANNOUNCE: Tutorial # 32: Showcasing Image::Magick (part 2): xml-2-image.pl

10. ANNOUNCE: Tutorial # 31: Showcasing Image::Magick (part 1): text-2-image.pl

11. CGI image generation using Image::Magick

12. Displaying Image::Magick image objects in Perl/Tk?