ANNOUNCE: Net::xAP (and friends) v0.1
Author Message
 ANNOUNCE: Net::xAP (and friends) v0.1

This posting is to announce the availability of the first alpha
release of the Net::xAP module for perl.

It has been posted to CPAN as NetxAP-0.01.tar.gz under my author id
(KJOHNSON) and name (Kevin_Johnson).

Net::xAP is a perl module that implements the protocol substrate
present in the IMAP, IMSP, ACAP, and ICAP application protocols.  The
beginnings of an IMAP module is also provided.  A framework for IMSP,
ACAP, and ICAP modules is also provided.

    IMAP = Internet Message Access Protocol
    IMSP = Internet Message Support Protocol
    ACAP = Application Configuration Access Protocol
    ICAP = Internet Calendar Access Protocol

The module is in alpha release.  Think twice (maybe thrice) about
using it to modify data.  In addition, the method interface is
currently in an evaluation phase.  Before it goes to beta, I expect to
make method interface changes that won't be backwards compatible.

The main purpose of this release is to get feedback on the interface
and to run it through its paces.  I am keenly interested in feedback
from folks that have a non-trivial familiarity with the IMAP, IMSP,
ACAP, or ICAP protocols.

The current version has been tested against 5.004_04.

Refer to the provided README file for additional information and
warnings.

All rights reserved.  This program is free software; you can
redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.

--
thx,

Wed, 27 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: Net::xAP 0.02

2. ANNOUNCE: Net::xAP 0.02

3. ANNOUNCE: Net::MySQL v0.06

4. ANNOUNCE: Net::MySQL v0.04

5. ANNOUNCE: Net-DHCP-Packet v0.1

6. ANNOUNCE: nsapi_perl/Netscape::Server v0.23 available

7. ANNOUNCE Mail::Folder v0.07

8. ANNOUNCE: Text::MetaText v0.15

9. ANNOUNCE: Text::MetaText module v0.15 released.

10. ANNOUNCE: RPC::Simple v0.4 (alpha)

11. ANNOUNCE: nsapi_perl/Netscape::Server v0.15

12. Announce: Unicode::Map V0.10