Help ME!! I Can't Make Perl5 Modules
Author Message
 Help ME!! I Can't Make Perl5 Modules

When I try to run the GD graphics library I get the following errror:

Bad free() ignored at /usr/local/lib/perl5/DynaLoader.pm line 140.
Can't load './blib/arch/auto/GD/GD.o' for
module GD: can't resolve undefined symbols: Inappropriate
file type or format at /usr/local/lib/perl5/DynaLoader.pm line 140.

Any suggestions on what that means? Please help me, thanks.
                                joey Elwell.
---------------------------------
http://www.*-*-*.com/

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~jelwell/

Sat, 22 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

:
: Bad free() ignored at /usr/local/lib/perl5/DynaLoader.pm line 140.
: Can't load './blib/arch/auto/GD/GD.o' for
: module GD: can't resolve undefined symbols: Inappropriate
: file type or format at /usr/local/lib/perl5/DynaLoader.pm line 140.
:
: Any suggestions on what that means? Please help me, thanks.

Can you use standard dynamically loaded modules?  Eg. does this work:

   perl -MPOSIX -e 1

Also, the output of "perl -V" can be very helpful for figuring out this
sort of situation.

        Greg
--

Brain Imaging Centre (WB201)                 voice: (514) 398-4965 (or 1996)
Montreal Neurological Institute                fax: (514) 398-8948

Sat, 22 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help ME!! I Can't Make Perl5 Modules

Quote:

> : When I try to run the GD graphics library I get the following errror:
> :
> : Bad free() ignored at /usr/local/lib/perl5/DynaLoader.pm line 140.
> : Can't load './blib/arch/auto/GD/GD.o' for
> : module GD: can't resolve undefined symbols: Inappropriate
> : file type or format at /usr/local/lib/perl5/DynaLoader.pm line 140.
> :
> : Any suggestions on what that means? Please help me, thanks.

> Can you use standard dynamically loaded modules?  Eg. does this work:

>    perl -MPOSIX -e 1

> Also, the output of "perl -V" can be very helpful for figuring out this
> sort of situation.

>         Greg

Um, hmm welp perl -MPOSIX -e 1 didn't seem to do anything, but it also
didn't give me any erros. perl -V seemed to tell me all sorts of things.
But on a side-note I recently compiled the GD library in C and ran into
a similar problem. A friend of mine mentioned that malloc.h and some of
the other library modules (on my server) don't work properly with ANSI C
apparently they only work with C++. So I compiled the object files .o
with my ANSI compiler but I did the final linking with a C++ compiler
and all seemed to go well. Anyways, I'm guessing that my Perl library is
having a similar problem, but I looked at the Makefile and got lost
quickly.

Right now I'm re-writing the whol thing in C, but I'll miss those
regular expresions. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.
Thanks.

And Greg Thanks A lot!
                                joey Elwell.

Mon, 24 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. making 'perl' (help)

2. HELP: trouble "making" perl5.003_94

3. newbie needs help making DBI module

4. Making Modules - PLEASE HELP ME

5. Newbie Help making modules

6. 'while'-difference in perl5.001m and perl5.003

7. 'making' perl

8. Help!: Error with 'Benchmark' module

9. making 'find' follow soft links

10. 'making' perl